Wireless headphones come in a variety of brands, colors, shapes and styles, but finding the best one for your needs is not as obvious as it looks.
The main reason for getting a pair of wireless headphones is the convenience it comes with, because you’re free from tangled cords and headphone jacks. Another great feature is the active noise canceling, which blocks out noisy environments and helps when you’re traveling.
Something worth considering with wireless headphones is battery life, as some range from more than 20 hours to as little as three hours, which means for long haul journeys, they’re not as convenient, especially if you’re forgetful when it comes to charging batteries.
In terms of sound quality, look out for wireless headphones with aptX or aptX HD support, or LDAC in the case of Sony headphones.
If you’re ready to cut the cord or you’re sick of untangling cables, here are the 10 best wireless headphones under $100 that you can use airplane travel as well:
Skullcandy is everything you need for a delightful audio experience whether you’re indoors or outdoors. Its features include:
- Synthetic leather ear pillows so soft and easy on your ears, plus a lightweight design so you can wear them all day
- Long lasting battery for a full 10 hours of audio enjoyment without worrying about recharging
- Onboard mic and remote to take calls and navigate playlists with easy to access buttons on the ear cup. You can adjust volume, pick calls, change songs, and even pause music
- Bluetooth connection so you can move with your audio wherever you go
Also Read : Best Cheap VR Headsets For PC Gaming
This set of wireless headphones allows you to listen to your favorite tunes, but also answer calls on the go.
- Ultra-lightweight and adjustable headband for all head-types
- Durable, stainless steel headband with dirt resistant fabric
- Connects all Bluetooth enabled devices – phones, tabs, computers, with optional cord to use on flights
- Up to 8 hours talk/music time and 12 days standby
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity
- Digital sound processor (DSP) for crisp sound and HD for quality calls
This open-ear pair of wireless headphones are built with bone conduction technology and OpenFit design to deliver music through your cheekbones, so your ears are open to ambient sounds for maximum situational awareness as you wear them for longer periods.
Its features include:
- Bluetooth connectivity v4.1 and multipoint pairing compatible with iOS and Android smartphones, tabs and computers
- Trekz Titanium wraparound headband is lightweight and flexible for comfort during extended wear
- Long battery life (rechargeable lithium ion) for continuous music and calls for 6 hours at a time; charges in 1.5 hours
- Premium audio experience with PremiumPitch technology, rich bass, and LeakSlayer technology that reduces natural sound leakage for the best audio on the go
- IP55 certified, so it repels sweat, dust and moisture whether indoors or outdoors, and withstand strenuous activity
- Dual noise cancelling microphones
- Hassle free 2-year warranty
Explore : Best VR Headsets For Laptops
If you’re a lover of the outdoors, or enjoy working out while listening to your favorite songs, then this pair of headphones is your best bet. Its features include:
- Ergonomic design with angled silicone eartips that reach deep into your ear for a snug fit that stays put as you run, jog, or workout
- Large-capacity battery for up to 9 hours streaming after only 2 hours of charging
- Bluetooth 4.2 minimizes power consumption with a stable and reliable connection
- IPX6 Splashproof Build with internal nano coating to keep the headphones functional whether you’re sweating or when its raining lightly
- CD-audio quality with aptX for richer, fuller sound, supports A2DP, AVRCP, HSP and HFP
- Aluminum design with built-in magnets for durability and quality build that withstands wear and tear
Worth Reading : Best PS4 Headsets Under $100
This pair combines an innovative fold design and impressive sound quality, perfect for indoors and outdoors. It sits comfy and securely due to its Slide-to-Fit mechanism, so you can enjoy powerful bass and sound reproduction on the go.
- Quality alloy and polymer frame built for strength and durability, with collapsible design
- 57mm tetanizing diaphragm for quicker transient response to electrical signals and quality, dynamic overall sound with powerful extra bass
- 3D sound effects for a lively and stirring experience, like when watching movies
- Condenser microphone with -42dB sensitivity so each sound is clear including phone calls
You Might Want To Read : Best VR Headsets For Samsung S9 Plus
These are the best-selling wireless headphones under $100, with a 4.6 star rating and over 14,000 reviews from customers. Among its great features include:
- Immersive Hi-Fi sound with CSR chip
- Around ear cushion design
- Compatibility with smartphones, tablets, TVs and other Bluetooth devices within 33 feet
- Foldable and portable design with stainless steel slider headband
- Dual mode: Wireless & Wired (comes with audio cable to use with wired mode)
- Built-in 420mAh battery with 13 hours continuous wireless playback (charging time 4 hours; voltage 5V)
- Microphone with around 15 hours of talking time
Also Read : Best PS4 Headsets Under $50
Shopping for the best wireless headphones under $100 can seem overwhelming because of the sheer number of options you can choose from.
Whether you want a pair as a workout companion or to help you tune out of the rest of the world, you will find these ten picks to be great for your needs, and your budget.
Elsie started off as a freelance business and tech journalist. Having written for publications like Lifewire, and WindowsReport, she has garnered immense exposure over the years. She is a certified social media expert with deep interest in internet marketing, ecommerce and information technology.