Editing or processing a bulk of photos may be too daunting. When you find yourself performing the same steps on an image then Photoshop actions is a useful tool for you.
What is Photoshop Action?
Photoshop is an image-editing software developed and published by Adobe Systems.
Its Photoshop action allows you to change the look and feel of an image with just a click of a button. They are simply pre-recorded tasks that you can save and re-use anytime.
By using Photoshop action, you can save a lot of time and effort because you can implement the same effects throughout the batch of photos without repeating the steps individually.
How to Install Photoshop Actions
Following these few steps to install actions on your computer.
- Save the action on your computer. The file is often in a .zip, so you need to unzip the folder.
- If you don’t have the unzipping software in your computer then you may download it, it is often free of charges. Else, if you have the existing software then go ahead and unzip the folder.
- 3. Always ensure to make a backup copy of your actions somewhere in your computer, external hard drive, or DVD. This is to assure you that you will have another copy of the action in case you will encounter problems while installing the actions, or sometimes due to hard drive failure.
- Open Adobe Photoshop.
- Go to “Window” then “Actions”.
- Once you are in the action palette, click the lines with an arrow down button to initiate a drop down box. It is located at the top right corner of the action palete.
- In the drop down menu, click on the “Load actions” option.
- Open the folder where you have saved your .atn file. Select the action you want to install. The file ends in an .atn then click open.
- Your actions is already added in the actions palette and are ready to use.
Other Photoshop Articles To Explore:
- Exploring Photoshop – The Count Tool
- Learn How To Create An Open Book In Photoshop
- Learn How To Create A Camera Lens In Photoshop
- Vintage & Ageing Photo Effects Using Photoshop
- Realistic Wrinkled Paper In Photoshop
- Learn To Create Gaming Layout in Photoshop
Incredible Photoshop Actions
There are hundreds of ready-to-use Photoshop actions in their downloadable form. But if you want to customize your own, making them is simple and easy.
Whatever it is that you prefer, creating a stunning and creative images is surely at the tip of your finger.
Tom loves to write on technology, e-commerce & internet marketing.
Tom has been a full-time internet marketer for two decades now, earning millions of dollars while living life on his own terms. Along the way, he’s also coached thousands of other people to success.