Are you trying to find the master of LLC formation? You’re in the right place.
Because right here, we’ll be looking at BetterLegal Solutions LLC, how it operates, its outstanding features, and whether it is worth going with.
LLC formation is a daunting procedure if you don’t have the best guide to hold your hand.
BettterLegal not only guides you but also stands in to do all the work on your behalf.
While the market is saturated with many LLC formation service providers, BetterLegal stands out as the fastest in service delivery.
“Everything you need, nothing you don’t, at the speed of the state” is BetterLegal’s motto.
But does the company live up to this motto?
Let’s find out in this BetterLegal review.
Explore: Best Law Firm Website Templates
Established in February 2016, BetterLegal has been doing a great job helping its clients set up new businesses.
BetterLegal has recorded the fastest turnaround times in the market. Its focus is on meeting its clients’ needs without upsells.
Its speed and transparency are unmatched. Within two days, you’ll have your business up and running – “… at the speed of the State”, so it says.
At BetterLegal, safety and reliability are guaranteed. Its business formation services are devoid of any delays or hidden charges.
And that’s not all.
BetterLegal will advise you on suitable incorporation for your business.
The company has legal authorization to offer business formation services in 50 states.
Before we go down and learn more about BetterLegal, we like to mention that BetterLegal is fully legitimate.
However, you should know that BetterLegal is not a legal advisor. It can’t help you with any legal assistance beyond its LLC formation and compliance services.
Key Services of BetterLegal
BetterLegal offers a myriad of services. Its primary services include:
BetterLegal Solutions LLC is home to LLC and corporation formation, along with online filing. Its services are meant for both single and multi-member entities.
Its cloud platform has a live dashboard with real-time customer support.
The platform automates the entire process, including making changes to already submitted information, minimizing errors.
The BetterLegal interface is quite intuitive, giving you the most interactive user experience ever.
The business formation process is fast, taking only two days for everything to be ready. Many of BetterLegal’s clients can attest to this fact.
The company has clearly defined pricing terms for the business formation services. The best part is the absence of upselling and the favorable price point.
Interesting Post: Best Rocket Lawyer Alternatives
Besides drafting, preparing, and submitting all the necessary documentation to the state, BetterLegal also deals with filing.
The company takes off the burden of paperwork from its clients to ensure a smooth transition.
BetterLegal helps entrepreneurs acquire agent services through third-party partnerships.
The company partners with third-party providers registered as agents. It will then connect you with such agents to act as your business representatives.
These agents will receive all the vital company documents, including regulatory notices and other official documentation, at a fee ($10 a month or $90 per year).
This is quite helpful, especially if you don’t have employees in the area where your business is situated.
State Compliance Services
BetterLegal understands that every state has regulations to abide by in order to keep your business operational.
That’s why it assists you in staying compliant in your state. It will file all your paperwork with state agencies, including annual reports and other paperwork on time.
This service gives you time to focus on your business without worrying about compliance requirements.
BetterLegal Add-On Services
BetterLegal also offers extra services at a fee. They include:
Permit and License Search
To operate your business in a particular state, you’ll need to have a license and permit. Figuring out the correct operational permits and licenses is not easy without a guide.
BetterLegal will help you with permit and license research to ensure you find the right type of license for your business.
After completing the research, BetterLegal will send you the forms and give you the necessary information to include. This comes at a fee of $125.
Name Availability Search
Working with BetterLegal gives you the chance to carry out a thorough search for your business name.
This will save you the hassle of going to your local state office to check the availability of your company name.
BetterLegal lets you check this through its website, and you’ll be able to know if the business name you chose is available or someone has already claimed it.
An operating document is crucial to your business. It governs your business and its operations since it contains outlined principles and ownership of the business.
When you need to open a bank account for the company or conduct any other operations, they’ll ask you to produce the operating agreement.
An operating agreement includes details about managers, their duties, and the best way to recruit or remove them. It also provides a method for resolving company disputes and more.
BetterLegal will help you prepare this agreement. It will also keep it safely together with the other important documents of your company.
The fee for the operating agreement is included in BetterLegal’s pricing plan.
Employer Identification Number
An employer identification number (EIN) is another essential requirement for your business entity.
This is a must-have document for opening a business account, recruiting staff, remitting tax, and more.
Whether you are a sole proprietor or a partnership, you need the employer identification number.
BetterLegal includes EIN application in its LLC formation services without charging you extra.
Also Read: Best LegalZoom Alternatives
How Does BetterLegal Work?
Before engaging the services of BetterLegal, you’ll need to choose your business structure.
Usually, an LLC is preferable for medium or small-scale businesses. This is because it offers limited liability (like that given to corporations) and supports pass-through taxation.
If you have a draft of the article of organization and operating agreement, BetterLegal will arrange an LLC for you. The LLC will be recognized as a business entity when you need to file your taxes to the IRS through the scheduled K-1 tax form.
Once you fill and submit the order forms to apply for business formation services from BetterLegal, you’ll need to select either corporation or LLC formation.
From there, you’ll receive real-time assistance from live agents. They’ll help you make changes to the forms when necessary and submit them in real-time.
BetterLegal will upload the forms into your folder and display them on its dashboard for you to verify.
After that, the company will provide an update on the cost of the process and the duration of your business formation.
The rest is up to BetterLegal, and in two days, you’ll have your business documents ready.
Here is the step-by-step process of LLC formation:
1. On the website, choose the state where your business will be based from the list of 50 states authorized by BetterLegal.
2. Choose your LLC name and carry out a name search in the state selected earlier. If the name already exists, you can add an LLC suffix to make it unique and obtain a legal identity.
3. Click Setup Your Business to go to the welcome screen app.
4. In the app, choose LLC formation, then select single or multi-member, and the state.
5. From there, you’ll start the application process.
6. Provide all the details needed in the order forms for BetterLegal to gather all the information for filing the paperwork
If you use registered agent services, BetterLegal will help you file the articles of organization.
The company will also assist you in drafting the operating agreement before processing it according to the law. The agreement will indicate whether your LLC is manager-managed or member-managed.
If you want, BetterLegal will help to convert your LLC into a B corporation.
BetterLegal has no contact page or form at the moment. The company provides support through the chatbot at the bottom of the website.
When you click on the chatbot, a chat window will open, allowing you to communicate with a representative from the company. You can request contact information from here.
Who Benefits from BetterLegal?
BetterLegal is an efficient and reliable business formation service provider for:
- Sole proprietorship
- Small business owners
These two features are very useful to LLC formation. You can use them to choose excellent tax options. They’re also helpful when you need to organize business meetings using the minute template.
Whether it’s for LLC, C-corp, or S-corp, you can count on BetterLegal to remain compliant with state laws.
BetterLegal has the best legal turnaround time in the industry.
It processes your documents and listing fast, letting you set up business in the shortest time possible.
Within two business days, the company will have processed your business documents.
BetterLegal allows you to resolve your registration and compliance requirements remotely with its customer service feature.
Without even visiting its office, you’ll get assistance from the website’s 24/7 live chat option.
Their customer service agents are also available through the phone or email and are willing to help you resolve any issues you have.
Setting up a business at BetterLegal is very easy. You can complete the whole process in under 10 minutes on its website.
The company will set up a checking account for you at no extra cost. It also offers the convenience of registration with its minute templates and setup amendment forms which you file directly from the website.
The registration process is short and relatively straightforward. Once you are done with data entry, BetterLegal will do the rest.
The website is free from distractions, making it easy to locate information and start your company set up quickly.
BetterLegal’s partnership with third-party entities will help you get registered agent services, including virtual tax analysis.
BetterLegal offers a transparent pricing structure with no other hidden charges. It prefers a straightforward approach that avoids unnecessary package grouping and upselling.
This is unlike other providers who add additional services and charges while the process is ongoing.
Upselling involves selling add-on services or creating many unnecessary added services. BetterLegal decided to offer add-on services under a single service plan priced at a flat rate.
If you need additional services, BetterLegal will refer you to one of its partners, who will charge you a discounted fee.
BetterLegal formation LLC has fast document processing times. According to customer reviews, the company never disappoints in result delivery.
BetterLegal’s resource center is a knowledge reservoir with guides and articles about its services.
Its website serves as the company’s online store. It has a safe inventory management system and checkout procedure.
The info center has content grouped in four collections, including LLC Overview, Forming an LLC, LLC FAQs, and BetterLegal versus Competitors.
The content has been curated by both legal and regular experts. Going through this content empowers you to better understand the business formation and the services provided by BetterLegal.
The Search feature
The search function acts as your guide. You can input any questions you have and receive answers right away.
BetterLegal provides a single pricing package of $299. The package includes the following services:
- The name availability search
- Preparation and filing the Certificate of formation on your behalf
- Operating Agreement – BetterLegal provides the draft for you to fill in the details of your business’s ownership and governance structure.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) – This number will serve as your Federal Tax Identification. You’ll use it to open a bank account for the business, pay your taxes, and hire business staff.
- Free website and tax analysis, info center, and more.
- Minutes templates, a banking resolution, S Corp tax election, ownership amendment forms, officer designation, and more.
What Makes BetterLegal Stand Out
What attracts customers to BetterLegal Formation LLC is its quality service delivery marked by transparency and fast turnaround times.
- First, the order webforms take only 10 minutes to complete.
- The BetterLegal user interface offers a satisfactory experience to users. You’ll find your way quickly and sign up instantly to start the formation process.
- Once you sign up, you are directed to the Live dashboard and start your business formation procedure.
- Live agents are always on hand to assist you.
- Quick processes
BetterLegal Pros & Cons
- Turnaround Time – This is the key merit BetterLegal has. It takes two days to process all business documents and one more day to hand over the documents to you.
- Transparent, single plan pricing – BetterLegal stands out as a provider that offers a flat service fee of $299 for its LLC business formation services and a streamlined user experience.
- No upselling – To boost its transparency in service delivery, BetterLegal has done away with upselling, use of technical jargon, and defined its pricing terms clearly.
The company avoids package stuffing which often attracts hidden charges. This has allowed it to consolidate a single service plan that ensures a one-stop shop that meets its clients’ business formation needs.
- Secure Website – BetterLegal’s website is secure enough to be used as an online store. The website is packed with safe inventory management and checkout system – which are free to access.
- Free checking account – BetterLegal will set a checking account for you. A checking account is a free online account.
- Third-Party Partnerships – BetterLegal’s partnership with third parties allows you access to additional seamless services such as virtual tax services for business tax analysis, registered agents, and more.
- Customer service and support – BetterLegal provides excellent round-the-clock customer service and supports live representatives on hand to answer any questions and concerns. They also operate via email and phone.
- BetterLegal offers a free business name search service.
- A free resource center with more information about BetterLegal services, including business formation.
- An integrated payment platform that is secure with a verified and secure GoDaddy seal.
- The process of signing up and order submission is straightforward.
- BetterLegal has a Live Dashboard with an intuitive interface to offer you an upscale navigating experience.
- BetterLegal’s customer support relies heavily on Live Chat. In most cases, they don’t provide phone and email-based support.
- The company’s contact information is rarely found because it’s hidden in the privacy section. Retrieving it can be challenging, especially if you have no idea where to look.
- BetterLegal has no refund policy.
- The website doesn’t have essential details like the about us page.
- Doesn’t offer free, in-house agent services. To access these services, you have to pay a third party.
- BetterLegal is still new in the market, and not many people will put their trust in a young company like this one. However, the company has already proven its worth and capabilities from the positive reviews streaming in.
BetterLegal is Not a Law Firm
BetterLegal doesn’t offer legal advice or attorney services because it isn’t a law firm.
Its services are strictly based on the formation of Corporations and LLCs.
It’s not even obliged to offer legal advice about the business formation services and not help you solve your associated legal issues.
This means that BetterLegal cannot allow you to bypass any laws when you’re planning to establish your business in any of its authorized states.
BetterLegal Customer Experience
BetterLegal has received many positive customer testimonials with a review rating of about 4.8 in TrustPilot. Other sites like the Better Business Bureau have given it an A+ rating.
These reviews prove that BetterLegal delivers on its promise, which includes:
- User-friendly business formation platform
- Fast application form filling
- Excellent customer service
- Favorable price
For a young company, the enormous positive reviews counterbalance the fact that they are still new in the industry.
Here’s our score for every element BetterLegal offers. We’re sure this will help you decide if you want BetterLegal to be your LLC formation provider for you.
Customer experience: BetterLegal’s website is secure and the easiest to navigate. It is clutter-free, making the sign-up process a breeze.
Its Live Dashboard makes interaction with knowledgeable live customer support representatives so engaging. And your questions and concerns will be answered almost instantly.
The info center is another resource that educates you in many areas of BetterLegal’s services and operations. For customer experience, we give a 5.0 score.
Pricing: A single pricing option for multiple services is something we can’t overlook. At a flat rate of $299, you get a free checking account, free business name search, access to a library of resources, an integrated payment platform, and so much more.
Furthermore, there’s no upselling but more transparency. Only with third-party partnerships, you have to pay extra.
Many clients would have appreciated it if they got all the services from a single place. So when it comes to pricing, BetterLegal scores 4.5.
Transparency and turnaround times: BetterLegal offers the fastest turnaround time in service delivery. Its pricing and services are transparent and they ensure to keep you updated on the progress of your request. That’s why it gets a score of 5.0.
Value: BetterLegal’s LLC formation pricing is quite fair considering the value the company offers to its clients. Even though it can offer more, what they lay on the table is much more valuable considering the assistance and on-time delivery.
For value, we assign it a 4.5 score.
Best BetterLegal Alternatives
If you don’t wish to use BetterLegal, here are some good alternatives to consider.
Inc Authority is a veteran LLC formation service provider. Established in 1989, Inc Authority provides exciting perks that you’ll love.
It offers a free business formation package. Along with this, you get digital storage and distribution of your compliance documents, registered agent services, business and tax funding analysis, etc.
In summary, Inc Authority offers:
- Free business formation package: Inc Authority business formation package is free. You only pay the state’s formation filing fee.
- Managing a business: Inc Authority extends its services to handling compliance issues.
ZenBusiness has grown to become a renowned business formation service provider. It is also one of the most cost-efficient LLC companies around.
You only pay $39 for the basic package and you’ll get help with your annual report filing and other LLC maintenance perks in the worry-free compliance service.
With Zen, you get;
- Free Registered Agent Service for one year
- Fast Filing process
- Worry-Free Compliance
- Employer ID Number (EIN) services
- 100% Accuracy Guarantee
Formed in 1998, Northwest Registered Agent has earned a reputation in the industry for securing client information. No third parties, just you and Northwest.
The company offers you an entire year of registered agent services for $125. You’ll also get name availability search, preparation and filing of your articles of organization, and an operating agreement.
An overview of its perks include:
- Preparing articles of organization. Over the years, the company has proven to be one of the best in outlining business information.
- Online document access – Northwest allows you to monitor your LLC business on its website.
- The company sends email reminders for free before the LLC company report’s due date.
- 100% Error-Free Guarantee
Not clear about a thing? Take a look at the FAQs.
BetterLegal focuses on business formation and incorporation. The company also offers many other formation-related services including compliance, filing, and license searches, among others.
Absolutely. BetterLegal is a solid company offering excellent LLC formation services with impressive processing speed, transparent pricing, and top-notch customer support.
BetterLegal charges a flat fee of $299 for its Business formation services. This is in addition to state fees.
A single-member LLC is meant for sole business owners while multi-member LLC is for partnerships. BetterLegal has forms for both entities and will advise you on the best entity for your business.
Not at all. The company’s refund policy is very clear that due to the short turnaround times, refunds aren’t possible.
The most suitable state to form your LLC is where you reside. But if you’re looking to do business in multiple states, BetterLegal will advise you on this.
BetterLegal outshines its competitors because of its quick turnaround times. This has made it the go-to company for entrepreneurs looking to incorporate their companies quickly.
The other thing that entices customers is its pricing. At a flat rate price, you get to access all the essential LLC and Corporation formation services.
With additional perks like website domain, attorney support, free tax analysis, and a free checking account, who wouldn’t run for it?
The downside of BetterLegal is the lack of inclusion of the registered agent service in its pricing. Many of its competitors offer the service. But if speed is your primary concern and you’re okay with spending a few hundred dollars extra, then choose BetterLegal.
Tom loves to write on technology, e-commerce & internet marketing. I started my first e-commerce company in college, designing and selling t-shirts for my campus bar crawl using print-on-demand. Having successfully established multiple 6 & 7-figure e-commerce businesses (in women’s fashion and hiking gear), I think I can share a tip or 2 to help you succeed.