Some companies use job boards, but this is an inefficient process for large organizations with many open positions at any given time.
Greenhouse help recruiters stay organized, but there are other options out there that you might not know about for tracking prospects’ progress.
Moreover, Greenhouse has its own drawbacks. For example, I don’t particularly find it aesthetically pleasing, and I find it difficult to configure access for different users.
If you’re considering switching from Greenhouse, here are 12 different tools and apps that you could use instead of, or in addition to, Greenhouse.
iCIMS Talent Acquisition Suite connects your entire candidate lifecycle through a single platform, making it easier than ever to discover and engage top talent.
It eliminates the need for multiple systems by providing all of the tools you need in one place: applicant tracking, recruiting CRM, onboarding software, and real-time reporting and analytics that allow recruiters to measure ROI and track metrics.
iCIMS Talent Acquisition Suite offers Applicant Tracking System (ATS) that connects recruiting with hiring managers, sourcing tools to help you hire faster.
It also provides a full suite of HR management features such as background screening and compliance, integrations for all your business applications, customizable workflows and forms, and real-time reporting and analytics to help you measure ROI.
Like Greenhouse, iCIMS Talent Acquisition Suite offers a customizable dashboard and allows you to create your own workflow, but it also has industry-tailored recruiting software for specific industries like retail & hospitality.
This solution increases the productivity of your recruiting function by removing industry-specific, cumbersome processes that have been developed over time and replacing them with a modern talent acquisition solution backed by science and technology.
The iCIMS Talent Acquisition Suite is an integrated suite of cloud-based recruiting software that uses modern design to help you source, engage, and hire the best talent faster.
In addition to helping your sourcing function operate more efficiently, iCIMS Talent Acquisition Suite’s features include:
- Job board integration with the most popular job boards on the web, including CareerBuilder and Monster
- Social sourcing to find candidates through LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter profiles
- Customizable candidate scoring using a patent-pending algorithm to help you find your next superstar based upon how well they fit into your company’s culture from day one
- Resume parsing technology to help you overcome the “Resume Black Hole”
- Customizable automated candidate communication, including email and text notifications of new resumes
The iCIMS Talent Acquisition Suite is powered by more than 40 million job seekers and 100+ partners across the globe. It’s recruiting made easy.
Lever is a futuristic recruitment tool that uses a data-driven approach to help companies find the right people.
It can be used to streamline the entire hiring process, from initial screening to onsite interviews.
It automatically scans a candidate’s social profiles and aggregates data about their professional background while also verifying credentials through advanced searches of the web.
The service will then use this information to generate a score that can be used by recruiters during evaluation.
Its proprietary algorithm calculates the best fit for the job based on skills, experience, and location.
The system can even measure how likely a candidate is to accept an offer or recommend their friends for the same position.
It’s like LinkedIn meets Uber-like background checks with recommendations from your phone contacts. It also helps companies find new hires up to 30% faster than they would on their own.
I’m sure you can imagine how time-consuming this process is for employers, not to mention expensive if they outsource it or have a full team dedicated to recruitment at the company.
Lever also features an automation hub that allows users to use simple rules (or “if this, then that” statements) for when candidates apply and interview.
As an artificial intelligence software, Lever automatically generates candidate shortlists, then notifies recruiters and hiring managers.
Lever is an apt tool in place of Greenhouse, however, it does not have employees onboarding features that are present in Greenhouse.
Also Read: Best Mission Statement Examples
SmartRecruiters is an integrated tool that allows you to gain control of your entire hiring process.
By streamlining and optimizing candidate sourcing, tracking, and management with a single tool, it makes it easier for your business to find the right people.
The SmartRecruiters platform offers:
- A powerful job distribution system that can be used as an applicant tracking software, enabling employers to manage recruitment activities efficiently.
- A selection of recruitment marketing tools that enhance the candidate sourcing experience, including job boards and social media advertising campaigns.
- Effortless application management through a streamlined process with simple-to-use features for all your hiring needs.
Like Greenhouse, the SmartRecruiters platform is flexible enough to fit into any business environment while being easy to learn so it can be used by your entire HR team.
It enables employers to easily find the best candidate for their needs in a matter of minutes with our applicant tracking software and job distribution system.
With powerful features like Workflow Management, Job Distribution, and Candidate Search built into one platform, it’s never been easier to manage your entire hiring process.
You can get applicants coming directly from social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
There’s no need for additional plugins or tools. The platform will integrate with the most popular job boards, so you can post jobs to all of them at once.
SmartRecruiters is built on a highly scalable architecture that can handle thousands of applicants.
The software is built on the cloud which makes it easy to access, share, and communicate with your team from any device or desktop.
Check Out: Mission vs Vision Statement
Jobvite is recruiting software that helps companies manage their entire recruiting process.
Hiring managers can find, post, and hire top-notch candidates who are already in the job market by using Jobvite’s built-in social media connections or through its recruitment website.
You can also store an unlimited number of resumes into your company profile to attract more applicants for future job openings.
With this software, users can expand their relationships with people who are already interested in their company.
Jobvite’s tools give companies all the information they need to connect with these potential applicants, even if it is just a casual interest or something more serious like an application for employment.
Another great feature of Jobvite is that it has online and offline recruiting capabilities combined into one platform.
Companies can search through resumes, store them online for future reference, and create customized messages.
Jobvite has an onboarding system similar to Greenhouse which makes it an excellent tool to have in any company’s recruiting process.
Also Read: Best Executive Summary Examples
Workable offers an all-inclusive software solution for task management, time tracking, and employee monitoring.
It is an easy-to-use tool with integrations of other apps like Asana, GitHub, etc., it allows you to track everything related to your projects in one app only.
Just as with Greenhouse, users can easily monitor their employees using Workable.
With Workable, employees can review their work time, which they can also use to update their progress with the app.
Workable provides its users an automated payroll system so you don’t have to check for timesheets and do manual calculations when employees are paid.
Businesses that use Workable to track their employees’ work time, can also take advantage of the GPS tracking feature that allows companies to monitor where employees are when they clock in/out.
Tracking employee hours or making payroll isn’t a problem anymore with Workable’s easy-to-use tools and reliable integrations.
The top features of Workable include:
- Automated payroll system: With Workable, you don’t have to check for timesheets and do manual calculations when employees are paid.
- Easy billing tools for clients: With Workable’s easy-to-use invoice creation tool and automated billing features, you can efficiently bill your customers and get paid faster.
- Time tracking tools: You can easily track time spent on tasks or projects with this online timesheet tool that is easy to use and integrates well with other apps for seamless workflow integration.
Workable offers a 14-day free trial period where users can try the software before purchasing.
Explore: Goal vs Objective
6. Breezy HR
Breezy HR is one of the most popular human resources software. It is designed to streamline your recruitment, onboarding, and payroll process.
This platform provides a complete solution for small business owners who want an easier way to manage their employees with both core HR functions as well as employee benefits like healthcare insurance, retirement plans, etc.
This software is very easy to use. It provides an intuitive interface with features that can be easily accessed without any additional help or training required.
A major advantage of this platform over Greenhouse is its robust integration with other services like QuickBooks, Xero, and others which makes it even easier for business owners who are already using this accounting software.
With this interface, you can automatically log into your QuickBooks or Xero account and import all of the data from those platforms.
You will be able to run payroll through this platform as well which makes it a complete HR alternative for a small business owner looking at managing both their employees and running an entire company without using multiple software solutions.
This is a great option for small business owners who are looking to grow their team and need a more sophisticated human capital management solution.
The software will integrate with other platforms you use like QuickBooks, Xero, or Gusto which makes it easier than using multiple programs across your entire company.
You can also run payroll through this platform as well so that’s another bonus.
The key features of Breezy HR include:
- Employee portal, so your employees can access their time off requests and other HR-related information
- Fully automated onboarding process
- Hire right the first time with pre-hire reference checks. You can also use these references to further communicate why an employee was let go in case of a termination or firing situation which is great for those cases where you have to give a formal reference letter
- Employee benefits, including medical insurance
Also Read: Best ERP Software Examples
7. Zoho Recruit
Zoho Recruit is a good option for companies that are smaller.
It has the ability to create multiple job posts and also enables search capabilities so you can find candidates through different queries.
A feature I like in Zoho that is absent in GreenHouse is being able to import contacts from Excel, Gmail, or by uploading CSV files which makes it very easy if you already have data of potential employees in other systems.
You can also link Zoho Recruit with your website, Facebook, and LinkedIn profiles which makes it a good fit for those that are active on social media.
In addition to this, you can create an unlimited number of views to see the different types of candidates in each stage of applying or interviewing process.
Some of the best features of Zoho Recruit include:
- Access control and security. You can set different roles and permissions for the recruiter, hiring manager, and other users.
- Candidate profiles: Zoho Recruit automatically collects candidate information from their resumes or existing contacts in your organization. You can also add custom fields if needed.
- Scheduling applicant tracking meetings. It is possible to schedule pre-defined applicant tracking meetings or create a custom meeting for selected candidates.
- Zoho Reports integration: you can integrate your account with Zoho Reports to pull data into reports. You can also use Google Analytics to get more insights about your candidates.
- Lifetime history of candidate visits: you can track how many times a recruiter has visited the profile and when was the last time they looked at it. This is useful if there are multiple recruiters in your team.
- Email notifications for every action taken by other users on the candidate profile. You can set up notifications that will be delivered to your inbox when other users on the team take any action like viewing or applying for a candidate.
- Organization charts of organizations applied with and the number of times they were viewed by each recruiter/hiring manager in your company. This is useful if there are multiple recruiters working in a similar role.
- Linking of profiles with multiple recruiters. This is useful if there are multiple recruiters in the team and they have to work on a candidate profile together.
Check Out: Best Educational Software Examples
Recruitee is a tool that helps small businesses find, interview, and hire their next superstar.
It is used like Greenhouse, but mainly by sales managers to build out targeted candidates lists based on the job descriptions of individual sales openings.
These are then automatically sent through to hiring teams for review using a simple email template, meaning no more forwarding resumes around an office full of people.
Some of the top features of this software include:
- Ability to create a list of targeted candidates for each job description, including bios and photos.
- Automated emails with candidate information attached for review by hiring managers.
- Mobile accessibility so you can access your reports from anywhere at any time.
JazzHR is a recruitment marketing platform that aims to help companies find and hire the best talent by tracking applicants.
Unlike Greenhouse, JazzHR also offers procurement services to its clients.
The platform has a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy for applicants to use as well as companies to access information about them.
It uses machine learning algorithms that have been developed over years of research so they can easily understand the language used in resumes, job descriptions, social media profiles, and all other types of content.
JazzHR also has a feature that makes it easy for companies to monitor applicants’ activities on their platform.
They can see when they are online, what resumes and profiles they have viewed, where the candidate is in the process of completing an application, etc.
All this information helps managers keep track of applicants who fit certain criteria or re-engage with candidates who are interested in the job.
It is important to mention that Jazz HR provides affordable pricing packages, allowing companies of different sizes and budgets to benefit from its services.
This makes it possible for applicants living abroad or traveling through remote parts of the world to be processed by global employers even if they have no time zones in common for interviews.
This allows companies to hire applicants in a matter of days or weeks instead of months, and gives them the ability to process hundreds of resumes every month with no extra effort on their part.
It is also worth mentioning that Jazz HR has been designed by professional recruiters who understand what makes an application stand out from others.
Other features that make Jazz HR a unique applicant tracking system include:
- Ability to integrate with Google Drive and Dropbox to manage resumes.
- Customizable forms where applicants can provide additional information, such as references or licenses in the future. Also available in French and Spanish versions to work better for multilingual job sites.
- Access to a resume database with over 100,000 resumes and 500+ templates to help build your next application.
- Online video interviewing allows hiring managers to interview potential hires from anywhere in the world at their convenience.
- Cloud storage brings everything together into one place. The interface is intuitive and easy to use for both applicants and HR professionals to manage job applications and resumes.
- Job alerts that notify applicants of new jobs matching their criteria, making it easy to find and apply for the next great job.
- Customizable forms where applicants can provide additional information, such as references or licenses in the future.
Freshteam is an applicant tracker software used to manage the recruiting process.
It has many features like resume parsing, automated job posting, communication, etc. which make it the best recruitment software to replace Greenhouse.
It stores all the details about the hiring process in a database which can be managed by managers.
This is one of the best online applicant tracking systems.
Freshteam can be used by both the hiring manager as well as the job seeker.
Some of these key features include:
- Job board software allows job seekers to apply for jobs directly from the website.
- It also allows you to post and manage an unlimited number of vacancies under a single account without any restrictions, helping businesses grow faster than ever before.
- This is one such tool that helps in the recruitment process while managing other HR-related activities like payroll management, attendance management, time tracking, etc.
It is an end-to-end recruitment solution that helps businesses hire the right talent for different jobs within any industry.
This tool allows you to manage not just resumes but also cover letters and third-party applications in a single platform with ease.
RippleMatch was created for recruitment teams to find the right talent for their open roles. It is easy to use, saves time, but unlike Greenhouse, it is totally free.
It simplifies your work by allowing you to do things like:
- Post directly on your company website and job boards (Jobvite) without the need for a separate posting tool.
- Resume importing from major resume databases (Resume Library and Google Recruit).
- Customizable, data-driven email templates with WYSIWYG editing.
- One central location to manage all of your talent sourcing.
It was built for teams by the recruitment manager at RippleMatch, Stephanie Collins.
She has over 15 years of experience in both staffing and recruiting for companies like Google, Facebook, Apple, and Dropbox which means she knows what it takes to find top tech talent.
BambooHR is an online human resources software that helps businesses manage their employees.
Unlike Greenhouse, BambooHR doesn’t feature background screening.
However, It is still a comprehensive system, and it includes modules like employee database, time-off tracking, payroll management, and performance reviews for managers to keep track of workers’ progress.
Some of the key features of this software include:
- Cloud-based, no installation required
- Supports unlimited number of employees
- Unlimited company and user accounts
- Track time-off requests, sick leave, or PTO. Employees can request for upcoming holidays as well. It also helps managers keep track of these requests in a calendar format.
- Managers can add and track tasks for employees, set reminders to complete these tasks, or monitor their progress. This is a great tool for managers to stay on top of things at work.
- Track different types of events such as vacation, training modules attended by employees in order to monitor their growth.
- Allows you to see a snapshot of the company’s social media accounts and posts on social media platforms such as Twitter or Facebook.
That’s a wrap. These are our top choices of Greenhouse alternatives that can help to streamline your recruitment efforts.
If you want to be more efficient and effective with your hiring, try out one of them.
Tom loves to write on technology, e-commerce & internet marketing.
Tom has been a full-time internet marketer for two decades now, earning millions of dollars while living life on his own terms. Along the way, he’s also coached thousands of other people to success.