Law colleges today are laptop friendly.
They offer wireless networks and students are expected to use a laptop for everything from taking notes, studying, completing assignments and taking exams.
However, with the number of choices available for different budgets, how do you choose a laptop for law school? A laptop that suits your requirements and fits your budget.
Here are some things that you must keep in mind before choosing a laptop for law school:
- University specifications:Some universities publish a minimum hardware and software specifications needed to run their in-house programs on the laptop. While most universities support both Windows and Mac systems, you must verify this before purchasing one.
- Battery life: A very important aspect. As a student, you need to study and work on the move. Battery life of 6 hours and above is a minimum criterion to look for.
- Weight: You are going to be lugging around the laptop every day. With heavy books. While thinner laptops considerably increase the price, 3.9 to under 3 pounds is recommended.
- RAM: 6-8 GB of RAM is recommended.
- Extended Warranty: It is worth paying that extra foran extended warranty to avoid stress. Do make sure it includes next-business-day and on-site service.
- Display size:You will be looking at your laptop screen a lot over the next three years and a tiny screen is obviously not the way to go. While this is largely a personal choice, a minimum of 13 inches must be considered.
- Accessories:Some extras that you must invest in are a good quality laptop bag, an external storage device for backup and to share files, a hardware and software solution to track and prevent theft and a mouse if you wish.
Storage is not listed above. 321 to 500 GB should be sufficient for law school work.
But if you choose to store your music, videos, photos, games on the laptop, the requirement would increase.
Given all this information, here is a list of the ten best laptops for law school students:
Also Read :
- Best Laptops For Law School Students
Best Laptops For Law School Students
This laptop comes with an Intel Core i7-8550U, NVIDIA GeForce MX150, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Windows 10, 15.6-inch screen.
This thin, lightweight laptop is an extremely quiet laptop with a very high-quality build, good battery life and powerful enough to edit HD videos and RAW images.
Useful Posts :
With 3-inch Full HD Touch, MediaTek MT8173C, 4GB LPDDR3, 32GB, Chrome, CB5-312T-K5X4.
This has a folding screen for convenience, it’s a touchscreen tablet, has a good battery life, and is great value for money.
The convertible, full HD screen gives it the dual functionality of a laptop and tablet. The touchscreen makes the versatile Chromebook a mobile-like interface to run Android apps.
Also Read :
This model has an Aluminium chassis, a 14-inch Full HD, Intel Celeron Quad-Core processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB on the hard disk, Chrome OS.
It is great value for the price its offered at.
The Chromebook has an adequate battery life, is lightweight, very sturdy and a big screen.
Along with the aluminium chassis, this mid-range laptop offers you a nice display and performance.
The ASUS Vivobook has an Intel Core i5-8250U, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, a Nano Edge Display, Fingerprint, Windows 10 OS, and is available in Star Grey colour.
The VivoBook has adequate battery life, with a great display and premium look, lightweight and an accurate fingerprint sensor.
It’s a sleek ultra-book for day to day tasks.
i5 processor, 14-inch Full HD screen, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. It weighs 3.3 pounds and has a Windows 10 OS.
It also has multiple ports. This is a recommended laptop for daily use with good battery life.
Worth Reading :
This model has a 13.3-Inch Full HD touchscreen, an Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Windows 10 OS.
This model has a super-fast performance, high battery life and is lightweight.
It is easily one of the best budget ultra-books around.
You Might Want To Read :
It has a 13.3-inch screen, Intel Core i3 processor, (up to 2.40 GHz), 4GB RAM, and 1 TB HDD. The Inspiron is easy to use, reliable, lightweight and can fold back into a tablet.
The 2-in-1 laptop can be used in four modes namely tent, laptop, stand and typing mode.
Its rated highly for its performance and with tablet-morphing abilities make it a powerful mid-range Ultrabook to purchase.
With 8 GB RAM, 128GB SSD, a MAC OS, the MQD32LL/A (Newest Version) is a great buy.
This entry level Mac is light-weight with an 8-10 hours battery life with much more security than a Windows PC.
Tom loves to write on technology, e-commerce & internet marketing.
Tom has been a full-time internet marketer for two decades now, earning millions of dollars while living life on his own terms. Along the way, he’s also coached thousands of other people to success.