We all have a lot of different devices these days. One device that is gaining in popularity is the Smart TV.
What makes Smart TVs so special, you might ask? Well, they have built-in browsers that can be used to browse websites.
However, other than the preinstalled software, there are many browsers that you can use on your smart tv. TVWeb Browser, TV Bro, Amazon’s Silk are a few of them. However, the best browser for smart tv is Puffin TV Browser which gives you top performance even on a low-end device.
We will now talk about these browsers in detail. We will discuss their features such as web browsing speed, compatibility with streaming services like Netflix or Hulu.
We will also highlight parental controls so your family members can’t access inappropriate content online.
Best Browsers For Smart TV
Google Chrome is a web browser that runs fast with any system. As a beta version, it became one of the most popular browsers in 2018.
It is also one of the best web browsers for watching videos and playing games online with its fast speed.
Developed by Google, the browser is an open-source web browser designed to work on multiple platforms.
Google Chrome can be run easily on Windows (XP or later), Mac OS X (version Lion or higher), Android (Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat) iOS (iOS 11+), Linux operating systems like Ubuntu and Raspberry Pi’s Raspbian, etc.
For all these different Operating Systems, it provides a consistent browsing experience with the same look and feels across different platforms. That means you would have no problem using your custom shortcuts from your Smart TV on another device if you use Chrome.
Chrome has undergone many changes over the years to make it a faster, more secure web browser with better support for HTML standards.
With its multi-tab browsing feature in 2020, you can easily switch back and forth between multiple websites without losing data or speed compared to other browsers.
With voice search capabilities enabled by Google Assistant as well as compatibility with Chromecast devices, watching YouTube is much more interactive than before. Now there’s no need to leave the comfort of your couch just so you could find what video you’re looking for.
You can download Google Chrome from your browser store today to get started with browsing like a pro without having to worry about losing too much data or speed compared to its competitors.
Check out the best alternatives to Chrome.
For Smart TV, the Puffin TV browser is one of the best browsers that work on various smart types. It enables you to use your Android phone or tablet as a remote control and also lets you access all the apps installed in it, straight from your big screen display.
It is a cross-platform browser that works on many devices including Google TV, Roku, Android Mini PCs, or set-top boxes. It easily connects to your device via WiFi and has an excellent HTML rendering engine which ensures a high-quality display for all web pages you open in it.
The Puffin TV browser supports Flash Player as well, so you can enjoy watching videos online and playing games through this app itself. You can also change the skin of the Puffin Store to give your browsing experience a unique look.
The only reason why you should not use it on your big screen display is if your device does not support Flash Player or HTML rendering engine but that would mean missing out on a lot of exciting stuff.
The PuffinTV browser also lets you access all the apps installed in it, straight from your big screen display. This means no more hunting around to find an app running smoothly on your system and then trying to carry out certain tasks with ease.
You get everything at once through this single interface which makes life easier for users like us who do have time limits set by our busy schedules.
Puffin’s key features include:
- Cloud push notifications: Get notified instantly when there are new messages or updates from any chat apps installed on your phone (WhatsApp/Kik). No more annoying manual checks.
- You can stream multimedia content like video & audio files stored on your device via WiFi or Bluetooth with this app.
- You can transfer files to and from a PC & phone/tablet using this app.
- It lets you access the contents of your phone/tablet on a big screen via WiFi and even supports Chromecast.
- Completely free of cost, this app is one of its kind that works as well as expensive Smart TV apps do.
- You can also play games on your Smart TV using this app.
- The best part about the Puffin browser is that it works even on low-end devices.
The Mozilla Corporation is a popular company that provides browsers and other apps to computers, phones, tablets, and televisions. The best app for Smart TVs on the market is their Firefox browser.
This browser is fast and easy to use. Users can easily open their favorite websites when using Mozilla Firefox for Smart TV.
They will have no trouble transferring information between devices with this app because it syncs everything up automatically. Users won’t want to stop browsing once they get started either; pages load very quickly thanks to how powerful this program is.
You’ll be able to enjoy watching videos as well as reading articles or books without any lags in performance at all.
This software works with lots of different programs so people shouldn’t run into compatibility issues while using it at all. you will also appreciate that there are several security features that keep them protected online too; the company has a “no-log” policy.
Users can enjoy all of its features, such as:
- Tools for sharing content with friends and family members over various communication channels
- Automatic updating of user interface elements
- Integration with social media sites like Facebook so users can stay up-to-date without ever having to leave the application’s comfort zone
- An intuitive search tool that makes finding your favorite websites easily, even when you’re not quite sure where they are located online or what they might be called exactly. Just type in some words related to your topic into the navigation bar at the top of the screen, and the results will appear as you type
- Smart customization tools allow users to tailor their browsing experience based on the information they provide.
In addition to these core functions, there are also several useful tools for customizing one’s experience such as customizable settings and intuitive customization options, so if you want an all-around great browsing experience, Firefox is the way to go.
Also Read: Best Firefox Alternatives
The TVWeb Browser is a customizable browser for Smart TVs. You can browse the web on your big screen by using their remote control-friendly and keyboardless user interface.
It also has special features like a mouse pointer, zoom gesture support, built-in video downloader, etc., to make your browsing even easier. You can install it from Google Play Store or directly play with its apk file.
Some of its highlighted features are as follows:
- Mouse Pointer & Gesture Support: Zoom In/Out by just moving two fingers apart/together respectively on the trackpad – no need to click the “zoom” button before doing so. And you won’t accidentally press any other buttons either while doing so.
- Video Downloader: Make your TV downloading from online video websites a breeze, just by clicking the “download” button on the website and browsing to download folder in the web browser. No need for any external apps or add-ons anymore (like the YouTube addon) – all that built right inside. If you want this feature disabled, you can do it easily too via its settings page.
- Trusted Source & Ad Blocker Built-In: TV web has been around since long before Android Smart TVs had even hit the market. Also, they are not going anywhere anytime soon because of our strong passion for maintaining high standards and protecting user interests first always. So basically there’s no chance those shady ads will ever appear on your screen while watching a movie or a TV show.
- Lightning-Fast Browsing Speed: No matter what type of connection you are on, this web browser for Smart TVs will easily adapt to it and provide the best browsing experience available (tested over WiFi & LTE) – up to 60 fps. The same can’t be said about some heavy apps that constantly update data from their servers leading to unnecessary traffic which in turn causes huge slowdowns.
- Wide Compatibility with Most Android TV Boxes & Smart TVs; They’ve got every major manufacturer covered at least since 2015: Xiaomi MiBox S/Pro, NVIDIA Shield Pro Series Tablets / Set Top Boxes as well as devices by Philips, Sony Bravia, Panasonic, Samsung, and many more.
TV Bro is a newly developed app that allows you to access all your favorite shows in one place. You can stream TV episodes, movies, and music videos from any of the following platforms: Hulu Plus, Netflix, Crackle, Amazon Prime Video & Xfinity.
The best part about this new platform is that there’s no subscription fee or contract required for using its services.
All it takes is an internet connection, whether on mobile data or WiFi, and you will have full access to everything in one single app with none of the hassle usually associated with other streaming apps like cable subscriptions.
The future of TV looks bright thanks to amazing developments such as these which are making cutting edge technology more accessible than ever before by removing unnecessary frills and providing the most important features of home entertainment in a convenient package.
With time, Smart TVs will only become more popular as people realize that they can get everything they need from their TV without having to pay for services like cable or satellite.
People love watching videos on Smart TVs with much ease nowadays so it is no surprise that companies are working towards making this experience even better by introducing new technologies which make streaming on TV easier than ever before.
One of the best parts about this platform is the lack of subscription fees or any kind of payment required to watch your favorite TV shows, but it has other solid features including:
- Ability to watch live sports events from anywhere in the world (provided that you have a VPN installed)
- Latest movies and TV serials – all available for instant streaming.
- You can choose between enjoying your favorite content on any device of your choice including TVs, PCs, laptops & smartphones. This makes it even easier than ever before to access online entertainment while commuting or when at work or home.
- Compatibility with Plex Media Server: If you use a Roku or Chromecast dongle then this browser is good for you as it is compatible with all major media servers (tested over Synology & QNAP NAS).
Also Read: Best UC Browser Alternatives
JioPagesTV is a popular application for Smart TVs. It has been downloaded over 100 million times around the world and is used by more than 50,000 users per day in India alone. Many people use JioPagesTV to download videos from YouTube with no hassle or fuss on their phone or tablet.
It has a simple, clean, and intuitive interface that makes it easy to use with ease. You can find videos in different categories such as Bollywood Videos, Live TV channels, etc.
JioPagesTV works well on Android TV, Roku Streaming Stick+, AppleTV, Chromecast Ultra, Amazon Firestick, and other platforms also. It is compatible with many third-party media players like Xtreamer Prodigy HTPC, MXQ PROBOX Android Boxes, and more which work seamlessly using the JioPagesTV App.
JioPagesTV is a free app but it offers some premium features like download support for offline viewing which needs to be paid separately. It will also let you access the latest movies in high definition quality with subtitles as well.
The streaming service has super HD resolution and surrounds sound audio available on the JiopagesTV App. The app supports many subtitle formats such as SRT/SUB/ASS so that users can watch their favorite content without any hassle.
It even provides popular sports channels including ESPN, Sky Sports, etc., live on your Smart TV where you don’t need to pay additional charges or go through complicated processes before watching them online.
With over 70 content partners, the JiopagesTV App will surely leave you entertained and satisfied.
JiopagesTV comes with Chromecast support were direct casts your smartphone screen onto the Smart TVs using Pixelsmart Dongle or WiFi HDMI dongles through which even an ordinary HDTV becomes smart by adding streaming abilities to it.
You can also cast your favorite movies, songs, and videos on Smart TVs from the JiopagesTV app directly through Pixelsmart Dongle or Wifi HDMI dongles after installing them in your smartphones.
So if you are looking for an alternative way to watch live sports channels including ESPN without any cost then just download and install the best Android TV Box supporting Kodi 16 Jarvis which will help you get rid of monthly cable bills by using IPTV service where all premium content is available for free streaming.
Also Read: Best Browsers For Torrenting
Opera has an intuitive interface and is easy to use than most other browsers. It is the first web browser that was made available for Smart TVs. The app itself works great on other platforms too, including phones and PCs so it should work as expected here.
Opera already has some of its features present in this version like background play which lets you listen to your favorite songs on YouTube while doing something else such as checking email.
Another useful feature is the built-in adblocker. If you’re tired of ads popping up everywhere on websites, then this might help a bit.
The company also promises full compatibility with services like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video. Of course, Opera Mini will also be available on Smart TVs.
Also Read: Brave vs Opera
Microsoft Edge Browser was launched initially just for Windows devices but now it has been made available with an unofficial version for Apple TV, too.
The most prominent feature of this browser is its ability to access websites through voice commands alone thanks to Cortana integration. This comes as great news as Siri isn’t yet compatible with Apple TV.
There are several other features too which make this browser absolutely worth checking out. It is even more efficient than Chromecast and Roku devices, not to mention that you don’t have to pay any additional bucks for the installation of Edge on your Smart TVs.
You can also expect some great updates in the near future as Microsoft has already announced their plans for developing a new version with added functionalities such as multiple windows support, built-in VPN, etc.
The official release date is yet unknown but if earlier rumors were anything to go by then we may see its unveiling sometime around end of the year or beginning next year.
Explore: Best Browsers For Windows XP
This Smart TV browser acts just like any other web browser but you can use it to get to any website from your television screen or even through voice control with Amazon Alexa devices. This makes it easy for anyone in the family to surf online with ease as well as watch movies on their preferred streaming sites.
The best part about this feature is that It is completely free.
More good news: there’s no tracking either so all searches are truly private and secure while using DuckDuckGo.
Explore: Brave vs DuckDuckGo
Kiwi is a new web browser that can be installed on third-party Smart TVs. The Kiwi Browser for Sony Bravia also comes with Chromecast support, which lets you use your smartphone to cast media and websites directly onto the big screen.
It also works as a remote control while browsing content through other devices such as Apple TV or Google Chromecast.
The major benefit of using the Kiwi Browser includes the ability to download files on a Smart TV, voice search, and tabbed browsing.
Explore: Best Browsers For Xbox One
Amazon’s Silk Browser for Smart TV is a great choice if you are looking to cut the cord on your cable service or satellite provider.
You can watch all of your favorite shows, movies, and live television channels without having an expensive subscription by using Amazon’s Fire Stick device with their app pre-installed in it.
Since this version of the browser was created specifically for use on Smart TV devices, it has been optimized to work exceptionally well at streaming content from the Amazon Instant Video library as well as other popular services like Netflix and Hulu.
The best part about using this browser over any web-based option is that there will never be any buffering when trying to stream video so users can expect consistent quality every time they press play.
Another benefit of using Amazon’s Silk Browser for Smart TV includes the fact that the browser is compatible with both Amazon Fire TV and Android devices, so regardless of which device you currently have, you are covered.
You don’t have to connect a separate remote control or gamepad as everything can be controlled from your smartphone instead.
Also Read: Best Browsers For Twitch
There you have it: the best browsers for Smart TVs.
You can get the best browsing experience on your Smart TV if you install a browser that is compatible, and this browser should come with a lot of amazing features by default.
We hope this article has helped inform your decision on which web browser to install on your new Smart TV so you can enjoy the Internet as much as possible.
Tom loves to write on technology, e-commerce & internet marketing. I started my first e-commerce company in college, designing and selling t-shirts for my campus bar crawl using print-on-demand. Having successfully established multiple 6 & 7-figure e-commerce businesses (in women’s fashion and hiking gear), I think I can share a tip or 2 to help you succeed.