Don’t know much about web development but want to build an e-commerce website? Even if you have no knowledge of coding, you can use an e-commerce website builder to get your online store up and running.
As a beginner, it can be tough to decide which website builder to choose.
There are many of them. But not all website builders will give you the same results. Many of them will leave you frustrated and confused.
In this article, we will list fifteen of these website builders for your e-commerce site.
These website builders are easy to set up and don’t require any technical know-how to maintain. You can rely on them to have a modern, great-looking online store in no time.
Easiest Ecommerce Website Builders
If you are looking for an e-commerce website builder, you probably have heard of Shopify by now. It is one of the most popular e-commerce website builders out there.
- Shopify is an all-in-one solution. You don’t have to worry about managing software, installing updates, or keeping backups. Shopify takes care of all that for you.
- Shopify comes with full inventory management, unlimited products, excellent stat management, and easy marketing solutions.
- You have plenty of design options to choose from without any piece of coding.
- Its drag and drop interface makes it easy to create an e-commerce store.
- Shopify can be integrated into WordPress.
- Shopify has a system that lets you monitor customer information through a carefully organized database that links to your account.
- Shopify has plugins that allow you to promote content on your site.
- It offers an integrated payment solution called Shopify Payments. You can also add third-party payment gateways to accept payments.
Shopify gives you a 3-day trial. Other than that, they have three premium packages – Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify. They cost $29, $79 and $299 per month.
Explore: LightSpeed Ecommerce vs Shopify
Set up your ecommerce store, pick a plan later. Check special pricing for Shopify =>
Squarespace isn’t necessarily an e-commerce platform, but its web builder allows you to create compelling online stores.
- Squarespace includes tons of website designs to get started. All of these designs are fully ready for all types of content, and they are fully editable. You can use multiple templates for the same website at once without having a complete rebuild.
- Drag and drop makes adding content easy. You can also type anywhere to add something.
- You can manage your products, inventory, orders, coupon discounts, and much more.
- They have limited payment options in comparison to others.
Squarespace has two plans each for websites and online stores. Personal sites will cost you $23 per month when billed monthly, and business websites will cost $33 per month when billed monthly.
On the other hand, basic online stores will cost you $36 per month when billed monthly, and advanced online stores will cost you $65 per month when billed monthly. Nevertheless, you can get discounts when you make annual subscription.
Weebly is another famous website builder that you may select for building an e-commerce site. They have different plans for regular websites and online stores. Its beautifully crafted page builder allows you to edit your website without coding skills.
- Weebly is fully hosted, so you don’t need to manage your software. They are in charge of all your backend work.
- Weebly has built-in features like contact forms, photo galleries, sliders, and more that allow you to add all the essential e-commerce site features to your website easily.
- Like most website builders, Weebly uses drag and drop technology.
- There are integrations available for some marketing tools and social media.
- Payment options are good, giving your customers enough flexibility in how they pay.
Weebly has four different plans for websites. For online stores, they have three plans. They are – Pro, Business, and Business Plus. They cost $12, $25, and $38 per month respectively when paid annually.
Related: 15 Best Weebly Ecommerce Themes
Weebly helps you create stunning websites, and ecommerce stores in quick time. Simply pick a theme and get started. What's more, it's entirely free.
Wix is a powerful DIY web design platform that makes it very easy to design an e-commerce website for your business.
- Wix comes preloaded with over 800 basic themes with unique features like SEO whiz, image filters, video templates, blog, and help center.
- They have a simple, easy to use website builder. You can make a substantial amount of site customization without any hassle.
- They have Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) that can help beginners build sites according to their needs.
- Wix has a drag and drop website building option too.
- With its powerful editor, you can create a site from scratch in no time.
Wix has different plans for websites and eCommerce sites. For eCommerce sites, available pricing plans include – Business Basic, Business Unlimited, and Business VIP. They range from $17 to $35 per month. As you are looking to build e-commerce sites, the eCommerce plans should be suitable for you.
Related: Verified Wix Mailbox Promo Codes & Coupons That Work
With over 500+ customizable templates, free hosting, SEO tools, and round the clock customer support, Wix lets you create beautiful websites fast and easy!
BigCommerce is a professional e-commerce site builder that specializes in developing online stores.
- With BigCommerce, you can create a website that can sell one product or a thousand. You can categorize and sub-categorize them.
- You can integrate your online store with eBay, Google Shopping, Amazon, Facebook, and many other popular selling platforms.
- BigCommerce has excellent SEO tools that can help you optimize your online store for organic searches. There are built-in marketing options too.
- You can customize CSS and HTML if you want to.
You can avail the BigCommerce 15-day free trial before making a commitment. BigCommerce comes with four different plans. The Standard plan costs $29.95, Plus plan costs $79.95, and the Pro plan costs $299.95 per month for monthly subscription. The Enterprise plan is customizable.
Check Out: Shopify vs BigCommerce vs Squarespace
GoDaddy is a big name in terms of providing domain name and hosting services. They have a simple and elegant website builder too. Their online store package is perfect for any e-commerce store.
- GoDaddy lets you create a professional-looking online store simply and easily.
- It has several ready to use blocks that can be easily dragged and dropped.
- You can easily add product review fields and configure shipping and tax rates.
- However, apart from the features mentioned above, GoDaddy’s features are quite limited.
They offer a free trial and four other paid plans – Basic, Standard, Premium, and Ecommerce for website building. The Ecommerce plan costs $16.99 per month.
Also Read: Shoptab vs Shopify
Jimdo web builder offers a solid website builder to get your website up and running with a limited number of themes.
- It is simple and easy to use. With a few clicks of a button and a few taps on your keyboard, you can quickly have a website up and running.
- You can adjust everything on your site. The control panel lets you insert additional elements.
- Jimdo has over 100 themes available.
Jimdo offers three premium plans for online stores – Basic, Business, and VIP. The Basic plan costs $15 per month, Business plan costs $19 per month and the VIP plan costs $39 per month.
Also Read: Ecwid vs Shopify
Doodlekit is another easy-to-use e-commerce site building tool.
- Doodlekit offers several website themes.
- It includes domain names and email accounts.
- They have a built-in template maker.
Doodlekit has three paid versions. They are – Simple, Business, and Advanced. They cost $10, $24 and $40 per month respectively. They also offer a free version.
Also Read: Neto vs Shopify
Web.com is giving others fierce competition with its services and performance. This is one of the recommended tools to build your e-commerce site.
- It is highly intuitive and straightforward.
- They have over 1200 premium templates.
- Features like “Save History,” blog builder, and excellent live chat customer support have helped them gain a place in the industry.
They have two different plans for eCommerce starting from $13.95 per month whem billed annually.
Also Read: Spree vs Shopify
10. WordPress With WooCommerce
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin. You will build a site with WordPress and WooCommerce will help you turn it into an e-commerce store.
- WooCommerce gives out an excellent e-commerce theme called Storefront, along with a handful of child themes that all look great.
- If a function isn’t in WooCommerce, you can go out and find a WordPress plugin to help you out.
- It is easy to install, and you are in full control of your website.
It is a plugin of WordPress that won’t cost you a penny.
Related: WooCommerce vs Shopify
Ecwid, now a Lightspeed product, is an eCommerce website builder that’ll get you online at no cost. It’s popular among small businesses, and over a thousand of them use it.
An advantage of opting for this eCommerce website builder is that you can sell anywhere. After building your website, you can choose to also sell on social media and online marketplaces like Amazon. You can even sell in-person.
- Ecwid is available for free forever.
- It lets you build an eCommerce website from scratch or add an eCommerce function to an existing website.
- It’ll work with websites made with any web builder — WordPress, Wix, Weebly, Joomla, Squarespace, Google Sites, etc.
- The eCommerce store automatically blends with your website designs.
- It integrates with third-party platforms like Facebook, Google, and MailChimp.
- It features an app marketplace where you can access many tools from partners.
- It lets you manage your store easily via a mobile application.
- You get expert support whenever you need it.
As mentioned, Ecwid has a forever free plan. But if you want all the platform’s features, there are three premium plans to choose from.
The plans are: Venture at $19 per month, Business at $39 per month, and Unlimited at $99 per month. You can pay these plans annually and save up to 25 percent.
Zyro is primarily a website builder. However, since it works for building any type of website, you can use it to build an eCommerce store.
You can build your eCommerce website with Zyro without writing a single line of code. Instead, you get an intuitive drag and drop interface, with a central dashboard to manage everything.
- Zyro has a drag and dro builder that makes building eCommerce websites easy.
- The platform has many designer-made templates you can import and use.
- It lets you add your store to an already existing webpage.
- It comes with built-in eCommerce tools to help you optimize your store and increase sales.
- It features cloud hosting, so you can be rest assured that your eCommerce website is secure.
- Zyro features a mobile app, which allows you to manage your eCommerce store on the go.
- It supports many marketing interactions for more functionality.
- It comes with simple SEO settings, so you can optimize your website for search engines.
The eCommerce builder forms a part of Zyro premium tools. As a result, you can only access it after you pay a subscription.
Zyro has two subscription plans, including the Website Plan at $11.99 per month and the Business Plan at $14.99. To access the eCommerce builder, you need the Business Plan.
“Everyone can make eCommerce” — that’s Site.pro’s message, and the platform has a simple builder to prove it. Indeed, whether you’re an expert web builder or not, you can create an online store with the Site.pro eCommerce builder.
To make things easy, the website gives you access to eCommerce templates. You can import these templates with one click, and save time on building your eCommerce store from scratch.
- Site.pro supports one-click purchasing, allowing you display your products anywhere on the page.
- The eCommerce website builder is simple to use and responsive.
- It lets you import your eCommerce website from different third-party website builders.
- It comes with many eCommerce templates.
- It supports many payment gateways, including PayPal, Stripe, Skrill, PayU, and 2Checkout, to name a few.
- Site.pro supports bank transfers and cash payments.
- It supports multiple languages — up to fifty — so you can reach customers in different regions.
- It supports many plugins.
Site.pro is arguably the most affordable eCommerce website builder for new eCommerce merchants. It has a free plan you can begin with, and a Starter Plan that costs only $0.5 per month — $0.08 if you pay annually.
However, the Site.pro business plan is expensive. It costs $50 per month — $12 per month if you pay annually.
Webflow is an increasingly popular website builder, attracting users with its simplicity. It lets you create the eCommerce website you want without spending much time.
Also, with Webflow, you can maximize your sales with the custom-built purchase flow. In general, the platform gives you complete control over not just the website, but all your eCommerce business.
- Webflow supports eCommerce websites for selling physical and digital products.
- It lets you receive payments via different methods, including credit/debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal.
- It supports native integrations, so you can extend your store features.
- It integrates with Zapier, which gives you access to hundreds of other integrations.
- It has features like blogs and landing pages to help you grow your eCommerce business.
- The Webflow builder works for customizing checkout and cart pages.
- It supports setting up transactional emails, custom interactions, and custom animations.
Webflow’s eCommerce plans are different from the general plans. You have three plans to choose from.
First is the Standard Plan at $42 per month; second is the Plus Plan at $84 per month; third is the Advanced Plan at $235 per month. You can save up to 30 percent when you pay annually.
Elementor is popular as a page builder, but it works just as good for building full websites. And the platform has a dedicated builder for creating eCommerce websites.
In particular, Elementor provides an eCommerce suite. With this suite, you can do more than build an eCommerce website; you can also manage your online business.
- Elementor features an ever-growing library of eCommerce widgets, which lets you add more features to your online store.
- It integrates with Stripe and PayPal for receiving payments.
- It works as a landing page builder if you want to create promotional pages for your products.
- It has professionally made templates to help you save time.
- It works as a popup builder to display special products and offers.
Elementor has a straightforward pricing plan. To use the eCommerce builder, you have to pay $99 per year. The subscription gives you access to both the builder and hosting.
Alternatively, you can access the builder via platforms like WordPress and pay a much lesser subscription plan.
With Elementor, you can build beautiful Wordpress websites in quick time. It's simple, robust and loaded with exceptional features. More than 5M users globally trust Elementor for their Wordpress needs.
We have mentioned some of the best e-commerce website builders above. Most of them are good to go with, and there are many others that we haven’t listed here.
With the features and price list mentioned above, it shouldn’t be much hard to select an e-commerce website builder that meets your needs.
Cassie Riley has a passion for all things marketing and social media. She is a wife, mother, and entrepreneur. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, language, music, writing, and unicorns. Cassie is a lifetime learner, and loves to spend time attending classes, webinars, and summits.