If you are constantly looking for images online, you must have come across Yandex Image Search. Yandex instantly helps you find your favorite photos and offers several options to filter your search.
You can filter your searches by size, type, orientation, color, or specific upload time. Yandex is a web portal and search engine offering other services like maps, weather, news, music, TV programs, online shopping, translation, free email service, and cloud storage.
One of the most outstanding features of Yandex is that it gives you a full-screen mode option to help you view a photo in all its glory. The platform allows you to share a photo with others by simply copying the photo link and sending it through social media platforms linked to Yandex.
The platform will enable you to explore additional options such as bookmarking and viewing the image by size when creating an account on the forum. Yandex Image is described as having ‘amusing pictures’ and answers most of your image questions.
While Yandex is popular on Android devices with an excellent algorithm that only allows for keyword ranking and user experience metrics, it portrays a large amount of content that can distract your attention.
The good thing is that we have some great Yandex Image Search alternatives that we can try. I’ve put together some of the best tools in this article. Let’s see if they fit your needs.
Best Yandex Image Search Alternatives
- 1. TinEye
- 2. Google Images
- 3. Bing
- 4. DuckDuckGo
- 5. WebCrawler
- 6. Pixta
- 7. SauceNAO
- 8. NooBox
- 9. ImageFinder for Safari
- 10. PhotoSearch.TV
- 11. Info.com
- 12. Qwant Images
- 13. PicsLikeThat
- 14. PimEyes
- 15. Trace.Moe
- Final Words
TinEye is a powerful image searching platform like Yandex that helps you find the origin of an image and how the image has been used.
It uses a reverse image search where the platform uses unique digital signatures for every image you submit to compare other indexed images to get your best image matches.
TinEye helps you find exact matches, including altered or resized images. You can also find high-resolution images, allowing you to share a photo from its source.
Unlike Yandex, which uses keyword ranking and user experience metrics, TinEye uses image recognition data to find matches to your image search.
They also use accurate and robust image recognition to find even partial image searches to the image you are searching for. The platform does not find similar images but rather finds exact matches and can also be used to locate web pages that use images you have created.
- Uses image identification technology, not watermarks or keywords, to help you search images.
- TinEye offers a private, secured, and an ever-improving search to its users.
- It tells you if a suspicious person has used an image elsewhere.
- It has a vast database.
- It is not organized in an accessible format.
- It does not give exact matches that are 100% verifiable.
- It does not search images that are more than ten MBs.
TinEye is free for non-commercial use. The paid version of TinEye starts at $0.01 per search and has a user interface for easy image searching and an API for integrating the platform with your system or website.
Discover more tools like TinEye.
Google Images is one of the most popular image search platforms and one of the first and most used options for downloading images from the web. Its popularity, in a more significant part, is contributed by the popularity of the Google search engine.
Unlike Yandex, which uses keywords to search images, Google Images search is based on the image file name, the link text directed to the image, and the text adjacent to the image.
When searching images with Google Images, a thumbnail for every matching image pops up. When you click on the thumbnail, the image is displayed in a box with its source website behind it.
Hence, you need to choose the box and browse the website or view the full size of the image. What makes Google Image more exciting than Yandex is that you can use voice and search for mobile and desktop searches.
With Google Images, you can also search images with the help of another image. The new Google search by image lets you upload an image, which Google quickly identifies and shows you related results such as associated images or a landmark for a place.
You can also search by copying and pasting the URL of an image.
Google Images is available in 40 languages. In addition, Google will soon roll out Firefox and Chrome extensions to enable you to search any image on the web by simply right-clicking.
So far, I can also describe Google Images as the most comprehensive image search on the internet.
- Google Image Search is easy to use and searches images quickly.
- It gives you sorting options such as color, size, face, black and white, and image type.
- The Google reverse image search engine technique is beneficial for verifying sources of images.
- Google Image has no standard Metadata for images.
- Most images acknowledged by Google are likely to be protected by copyright.
- Google is unable to index some images held within the database.
Google Image is free.
Check out this interesting post that talks about the advantages and disadvantages of Google search engine.
Bing is a Microsoft search engine constantly striving to take the crown from Google. Like Yandex and Google, Bing is a complete search engine, which works similarly, although not as popular as Yandex.
It is also full of photos and images with excellent quality and different resolutions. Bing also has several filters that allow you to choose the image that will appear in the results and other parameters that Yandex does not have.
In addition, the license filter lets you adjust the search engine to show images with or without copyright.
Bing has unique features that let you crop down areas of your image and see live results in it. It is excellent for high-quality photos with a lot of identifiable subjects.
Additionally, the platform seeks to identify elements within an image. For instance, a picture of an antique car parked next to a tree would bring up matches containing a tree and an antique car.
Bing Image also sets itself apart by proactively trying to identify faces, products, and other elements in an image.
- It helps you find specific images.
- Bing is a great way to search where a particular image is from.
- It is a good change from more dominant search engines, and sometimes it gives alternatives to image searches.
- Sometimes brings up more copies of images without any relevant information about the images.
- It lacks privacy making some users paranoid that somebody could grab their image and look for their personal information.
- Its download speed is a bit low.
Bing images are free.
DuckDuckGo allows you to browse the web without being tracked. The privacy search engine works at full speed and offers you all the modern features you would expect from any search engine.
DuckDuckGo allows you to search for images, videos, maps, news, and weather. The platform offers complete flexibility in your image search results, and unlike Yandex, DuckDuckGo allows viewers to view country-specific information.
To use the country-specific feature, click on the meter box at the top of your search results, and select your desired country.
Another unique feature that sets the platform apart is the safe search. Safe search blocks adult content from your search results. Whenever you visit the page, the platform conducts a scan to identify and block third-party trackers who steal and sell personal information.
DuckDuckGo empowers you to take control of your personal information online without worrying about tradeoffs.
- Your privacy is its priority.
- No personalized or targeted ads.
- It doesn’t allow search leakage of your personal information to third parties.
- It might not be as convenient as Yandex Image or Google Images.
- It has fewer integrated features.
DuckDuckGo is free.
Find out the top alternatives to DuckDuckGo in this post.
WebCrawler is a search engine that brings all information to your fingertips. It is considered one of the oldest web search engines. Today, you can search your favorite images, watch trending videos, check scores for your team, and read the latest news.
WebCrawler is older than Yandex, and it started as a metasearch engine before becoming the first full-text search platform.
Unlike Yandex Image, which uses a search index to perform a search, WebCrawler gets results from other search engines rather than its efforts to give you image search results.
WebCrawler is now owned by Info space and offers high-quality searches like Yandex, Google, Bing, and other search engines. The platform is legitimate. However, visiting the site through other suspicious sites is highly discouraged.
- It protects your data.
- It gives you unbiased search results.
- It doesn’t have targeted ads.
- It is legitimate.
- It does not save your searches.
- It gives less advanced searches.
- It can be used by browser-hijacking websites or applications to modify browsing options and cause unwanted redirects.
WebCrawler is free.
Pixta is an online image and video search engine like Yandex that lets you search similar images similar to what you have.
Pixta began as a Japan-based stock agency but later, in 2013, launched a global site in English. It now boasts over 5.2 million impressions with over 150,000 contributors.
Like Yandex, Pixta uses AI-powered reverse image search and has a facial recognition algorithm to detect facial features to give you better and more accurate searches.
Pixta is rich in Asian photos, vectors, and videos. To search an image, upload the image, and let the tool analyze the image on the pixel level to help identify visually similar features, colors, patterns, textures, and the object’s type.
- Has a sizable Asian photo library for global companies.
- It offers free weekly photo downloads to users with an account.
- Search functions lack specific searching options for better image results
Pixta offers free royalty stock images. It has an option for paid stock images through a single purchase or monthly subscription starting from $15.
SauceNAO is a reverse image search engine like Yandex that primarily focuses on anime-related content. The name SauceNAO is derived from the slang form of ‘Need to know’ and is now commonly used on image boards and other similar sites.
While Yandex image searches are based on computer vision algorithms, SauceNAO indexes frames from anime, illustrations from places such as pixiv, and magazine pages.
Like Yandex, SauceNAO uses a reverse image search engine but searches images using graphics instead of keywords. The graphics help you identify the source of images, photographs, screenshots, or more.
SauceNAO is constantly modified and has a highly customizable context menu for fast and efficient image searches.
- Fast even on low internet.
- The site is very effective.
- It has minimal design and a browser extension to Firefox, Chrome, and Legacy browsers.
- Maintains strict anonymity of images at all times to prevent you from being discovered by other users.
- Minimal design; it’s both pro and con as it makes it not look pretty.
- Minimal sources and sometimes images are not very similar.
NooBox is a reverse image search engine with multiple engines to extract images, screenshots, and search images.
What makes NooBox unique and a better alternative to Yandex is the screenshot capturing feature that allows you to explore an image on multiple databases using a screenshot. NooBox is a chrome extension that offers many unique and valuable functions.
NooBox allows you to save images by clicking on it or around it. You can save the downloaded bundles of pictures to a hard drive or compress them into a zip file.
The platform also supports local image search when you click on the NooBox icon, select a local image, and let it search for you. The platform combines the power of Google and other search engines to offer a more comprehensive search.
NooBox is recommended for people who run regular searches and those who have trouble finding the required images.
- It enables you to access images from several search engines at a go.
- It is intuitive, easy to use, and very convenient.
- It is an open-source platform.
- It has no option to uncheck other search engines.
- The UI showing events is pointless.
- No test image is found on other platforms.
NooBox is free.
ImageFinder for Safari is an image search engine in the online service category. The platform started as a search engine for finding images on Flickr and licensed under Creative Commons.
It later transformed into a version that crawls and displays images for various stock images, still under Creative Commons.
The platform displays images to give photographers extra exposure, and to download an original image you need to visit the photographer’s original page.
ImageFinder uses reverse image search like Yandex, and saves your browsing time by compiling results into a single menu.
- It comes in handy when searching for products with unknown names.
- Reserves all intellectual property rights.
- A free reverse image search tool on MacOS only.
- To download an original image you have to visit the photographer’s page.
ImageFinder for Safari crawls images for free.
PhotoSearch.TV is a search engine like Yandex that lets you find any image in its high quality, know its author, and view related albums and images.
PhotoSearch.TV has an additional editing feature that allows you to customize an image. The editor feature lets you resize, transform, crop, draw, frame, change the background, and much more.
You can customize your image manually by searching for it or uploading it from your device. PhotoSearch.TV offers multiple features for maximum satisfaction.
It also allows you to sort out images within your search results based on interest, relevance, date taken, and date uploaded and switches the view to a large grid view. Each image is available in medium, small, original, thumbnails, square, and more.
- It allows you to easily download an image in the required size without cropping it.
- It is mobile-responsive and works well with major mobile devices.
- Android users can download it on Google Store.
- I have not yet found any drawbacks to this platform.
PhotoSearch.TV is free.
Info.com helps you find information about anything instantly. Its main goal is to offer quality content to its users, and it displays content from all major websites.
Type any name in the search option, click enter, and view the results. Scroll down to find your desired information, as your search results include images, news, videos, or web.
Like Yandex, Info.com displays ads in the search results, and you can quickly identify them with their colors. The color black means website, while blue represents an advertisement.
- It is mobile-responsive and works well on devices like tablets and smartphones.
- Its mobile app is available on android devices.
- Adverts can be annoying
- It collects personal information using automatic data collection tools such as flash cookies and web beacons.
Info.com is free.
12. Qwant Images
Qwant Images is a search engine like Yandex, which is committed to raising awareness about the value of personal data.
The platform does not track your image searches, does not track advertising, and makes zero sales of your data. Qwant brings you impartial and exhaustive results for all your searches.
Like Yandex, their developed and continually improving web indexing and technology integrates into the search engine architecture to provide exhaustive information without collecting your data.
Qwant products include Qwant search, which helps you search images and everything, Qwant maps that find the correct addresses, and Qwant junior, a reliable, fun, and fast search engine for kids.
- Personal data is safe as you surf on Qwant.
- Does not track your image searches.
- It’s a good platform, but the support is not good.
- Gives you much fewer search results compared to Yandex.
Qwant Images is free.
Explore the best websites like Qwant here.
PicsLikeThat is a visual and semantic system that allows you to search and find images on Fotolia. The platform offers you core functionalities such as searching for similar photos, ranking images using visual similarities, and generating semantic descriptions on an image.
PicsLikeThat helps you understand an idea better, its contents, and the perspective from which the image was taken.
The system can compare the content of an image of your choice to all photos on Fotolia using criteria such as shapes, color, textures, etc.
PicsLikeThat is also used to find images related to surfaces. For instance, if you are looking for an image containing an ocean, the platform gives you results for images containing waterfalls, rivers, or lakes.
- Image searching is easy.
- The platform shows you hundreds of images for easy inspection.
- It is still in its beta status hence can be slow and still has bugs.
- Images are subject to Copyright by Fotolia.
PicsLikeThat is free.
PimEyes is a search engine that searches the internet to find pictures containing specific faces. Unlike Yandex, PimEyes uses face recognition technologies to conduct a reverse image search.
It is a face picture search engine that allows you to search by image, is available for everyone, and works as a great tool to audit any copyright infringement.
PimEyes believes you have a right to find yourself on the internet and protect your privacy; therefore, it uses the latest technologies, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to see your pictures and defend yourself from scammers.
It does not include images from social media; instead, it uses news, blogs, review sites, or blogs.
- It makes it easy to find people on the internet.
- Give results within seconds.
- Temporarily saves images for 48 hours.
- You can only access its excellent features using an upgraded account.
PimEyes offers free and paid services to help you find an image of a person on the internet. The paid package ranges from $29.99 to $299.99 per month.
Trace.Moe is an anime search engine that lets you trace back to the original anime using a screenshot.
The platform searches through more than 30000 hours of anime to give you the best matches for every scene you present. Trace.Moe can tell you what anime it is, its episode, and when a particular scene happened.
Its image search algorithm is designed to find almost exact matches but not similar matches. The platform analyzes the color layout of an image; therefore, your search might fail if your image is not a full uncropped original version.
- It gives you time to preview and verify your searches.
- Has no ads.
- It is prone to downtimes.
- Search results may not be correct.
Trace.Moe is a free platform.
There you have it—fifteen fantastic options to cater to your image searching needs. TinEye stands out as the best alternative to Yandex.
Given that it uses the reverse image search option, it can help you find plagiarized work, suspicious characters, and lost connections.
Scott L. Macarthur is a marketing consultant and an online author. He is mostly engaged in providing his expertise to startups and SMBs. He is also an author on TheNextWeb.