You launched a Shopify ecommerce store and are happy that it is doing quite well.
But still, you think the customer experience of your store can further be improved by doing something innovative.
Well, obviously you don’t want to do anything with the user interface which looks quite appealing.
But what about incorporating immersive technologies, like virtual reality or augmented reality, for delivering a better shopping experience?
Or, what about utilizing the latest technology like a decentralised Blockchain database to secure all transactions?
Well, there are many credible ways to boost the shopping experience of a Shopify store, including several breakthrough and cutting-edge technologies.
Let us explain a few of the ways to make the customer experience (CX) better in your Shopify mobile app for ecommerce.
Also Read: Best Push Notification App For Shopify
1. Customer-Centric Ecommerce Store Design
Shopify is a great CMS platform for ecommerce stores willing to deliver a very customised and business-focused shopping experience.
Customer-centric design remains the first and invincible step towards making your ecommerce brand popular, but it is essential to know the key tenets of this design principle.
Ecommerce design, in the context of an ecommerce store, is all about ensuring optimal ease of product browsing and shopping.
This is only possible when you have put the design elements in the right place while maintaining simplicity, ease of access, and responsiveness.
When a customer, after landing on your store, is able to search and access his required products, introspectively see every detail including the reviews, product, pricing and shipping information, and can place an order with a few simple on-screen commands, the design decisions are likely to have played an important role behind this.
While the design specifically conceived for target customers will continue to remain popular for ecommerce stores, we need to be aware of the key benefits of embracing this design principle.
Interesting Read: What Makes Shopify The Best Platform For Your Dropshipping Business
Let’s have a look at the key benefits.
- The design elements optimised for target customers helps to boost engagement, retention, and purchase volume. In overall measure, it helps to enhance the lifetime value of the customer.
- Customer-focused design by allowing more space and ease of shopping, help the ecommerce brand to gain reputation.
- This design approach, by prioritising the design elements for the intended audience, easily helps the store to stand out from the competition.
- A customer-centric design accompanied by the custom ecommerce technologies can help to shape the online shopping experience for the intended audience.
Explore: Shopify Vs Bigcommerce Vs Squarespace
2. Virtual Reality for Product Browsing
Product browsing and viewing is the most important in-store activity to influence business conversion.
While it remains a consistent effort for most stores to provide high definition product images, apart from allowing customers to view the products up from close by zooming in, seeing them in an immersive video is altogether a different experience.
Showcasing products in a VR video with all the minute details can really have a deeper impact on customers than so-called images.
VR can also be used to establish an emotional bond with the customer.
The immersive viewing experience can positively influence customers for buying the product or at least saving it in your wish list with more certainty.
When using VR for product viewing keep the following things in mind.
Also Read: Best Clothing Apps For Shopify Stores
- Make sure the VR viewing of the products allows customers to see the products exactly the same way they should appear in real life.The VR experience must provide all details along with different dimensions on the screen.
- While using a VR headset for viewing products, you should allow them to customise the product page and listings as per their preference. Allow them to customise the viewing on their VR screen as much as possible.
- Lastly, as soon as the customer finishes by making the purchase choice and saving the product in the cart, allow them to complete the checkout process quickly.
Once they take off the VR headset, you should allow them to complete the entire process.
Fortunately, for integrating VR for Product Pages you don’t need any plug-in; the whole experience is delivered right from the browser.
Hiring a VR expert who can work with your ecommerce developer to integrate the experience, will be the ideal way to go.
In the coming years, an increasing number of companies can use VR for offering a better online shopping experience.
Also Read: Zepo Vs Shopify
3. Integrating Augmented Reality
Yes, there are ecommerce stores that allow overlapping the digital and in-store experience for a better browsing and shopping experience.
This is something perfectly addressed by augmented reality technology, which is basically about extending the physical reality for digital interactions.
It can literally give the loyal store customers an Awww experience once they get in a store with the connected store app on their device.
Unlike regular in-store or online customer experiences, while you browse products or navigate within a physical store and laying your hand physical products, you can get more detailed information about them on-screen in real time.
When you finish picking your products from the shelves, instead of standing in the checkout queue, you can pay for them on your device and get out with the phone screen showing your purchase receipt.
Also Read: Shoptab Vs Shopify
It literally helps brands revolutionising the shopping experience by bringing together an AR powered Shopify app with the physical store.
Augmented reality has already been embraced by countless online stores and retail outlets to deliver a better shopping experience.
Let us briefly point out the ways augmented reality can boost the experience of a Shopify store.
- Supple and smooth shopping experience converging online and offline stores
- More ways to combine offline activities for online shopping and vice versa
- The scope of combining latest location technologies such as Beacons, Geolocation, Geotagging, Geofencing, etc
- Increased sales conversion through the combination of offline and online store technologies
- Enhanced access to product and brand information for in-store shoppers through AR based interfaces
- Enhanced sales and business conversion through AR based interfaces for online and offline shoppers
Also Read: WooCommerce Vs Shopify
4. Intelligent Chatbots
Intelligent chatbots almost became a widely popular fad for a couple of years across websites.
Many ecommerce stores also embraced chatbots as an innovative and engaging way to interact with customers and provide customer service.
The Shopify ecommerce apps can easily incorporate intelligent chatbots just by choosing any of the available plugins for this.
Chatbots will streamline your customer interactions through personalised conversations based on customer queries and customer history.
It is essential to utilise chatbots that can work as a customer profiling tool, can analyse customer inputs and behaviour through analytics, and can answer accordingly.
Intelligent chatbots powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning can really push the customer experience of your store to the next level.
What AI-power can do for an ecommerce store or online marketplace is literally awesome in terms of shopping experience, business output, and customer engagement.
Also Read: Spree Vs Shopify
Let us now briefly point out the key benefits of using them.
- Equipped with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technologies they can cater to more personalised needs of the users.
- Chatbots, thanks to the Machine Learning technology, can always remain well-informed about the individual customer needs and preferences.
- Chatbots can play the role of an always-available customer care service in an online store.
- With these intelligent chat interfaces around, customers can never really feel left out or unattended while shopping or browsing online.
- Chatbots provide the effective, fastest, and proactive way of communication with restless consumers who are always in a hurry to find what they need.
- Chatbots help online stores drive automation in day to day tasks by assisting the customers in browsing products.
Also Read: Neto Vs Shopify
5. Blockchain Technology to Safeguard Transactions
In spite of the easy and rewarding shopping experience provided by most leading ecommerce stores on Shopify platforms, the complaint and concern about data security remain common factors across stores.
This is where the decentralised Blockchain database can play a significant role.
Though for end customer experience, Blockchain may not have any visible or immediate impact, but by securing a transaction and user data, it can help build a reputation for the brand in respect and reliability.
Moreover, as a decentralised database technology, it is capable to supply and control data based on relevance while strictly preventing any manipulation and data tampering through a unique “write-only and never delete” protocol.
Blockchain, being a very democratised and completely decentralised database, also helps to build transparency and trustworthiness for a brand.
Naturally, businesses ranging from small enterprises to large conglomerates are embracing this technology to prevent all data security threats.
Apart from all the advantages concerning data transparency, it can also replace the earlier legacy systems and can accommodate transactions through cryptocurrencies.
Blockchain, as the distributed database, is supposed to make great inroads in online commerce, and it has already started.
Let us briefly have a look at some of the key benefits of using this technology for ecommerce stores.
- It will provide the ultimate shock-proof data security.
- Thanks to this decentralised database, ecommerce stores can remain free from all worries concerning data theft, breaches of privacy, and frauds of all sorts.
- It will help to safeguard customer payment information and shopping data.
- It will also help to automate various in-store services without requiring too much additional manpower.
- It will help an ecommerce store to remain future-ready and optimised to deal with evolving technologies.
Explore: Zoey Vs Shopify
6. Omnichannel Shopping Experience
As per the latest statistics furnished by Google, nearly 85% of online consumers just start shopping through one store interface and continue to shop or browse in another device.
While it starts with just an advert on Instagram or Facebook, the customer further can continue shopping in a web store browsed via desktop or through a shopping app opened in a mobile device.
As consumers are increasingly getting habituated to use multiple devices and interfaces for product browsing and shopping often in a single store, omnichannel shopping will continue to remain popular.
Moreover, aligning offline and online stores for a unified and smooth shopping experience is getting increasingly popular.
While you have seen a garment in a physical store, the same product can be searched on Instagram and the connected store can take you to the website or app where you can place your order.
Shopify is really a great platform to align and realign these multiple shopping experiences across different avenues through a sophisticated and robust user interface.
While omnichannel shopping will continue to be the mainstream of online stores across niches, it is essential to know the particular benefits of this approach.
- The omnichannel experience helps a business stay more competitive with multiple avenues of interaction and shopping.
- It also helps an ecommerce store to align the offline audience with the online shopping experience.
- This multifaceted shopping experience opens up a wider scope of business conversion and customer engagement.
- The shopping experience helps customers do away with the typical constraints associated with one interface or storefront.
- By merging data from different channels, an online store actually helps to shape an online brand better.
Explore: LightSpeed Ecommerce Vs Shopify
While Shopify has emerged as a complete ecommerce solution for modern ecommerce businesses worldwide, there is no respite for the businesses in search of innovative ways to make the customer experience better and boost business conversion.
Shopify has emerged as the most versatile and performance-savvy ecommerce platform principally because of the wide spectrum of features and customisation options that vary from one plan to another.
The best thing about Shopify is that you can always scale up the required features by opting for higher plans or you can choose to start with a very basic plan.
Thanks to all the technologies and approaches mentioned above, your Shopify store can deliver an unmatched shopping experience.
New technologies and design approaches will continue to make the customer experience better, and the above examples are just proof of this.
Cassie Riley has a passion for all things marketing and social media. She is a wife, mother, and entrepreneur. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, language, music, writing, and unicorns. Cassie is a lifetime learner, and loves to spend time attending classes, webinars, and summits.