With nearly two million sellers on the Amazon marketplace, finding the right products to promote that will set you apart from the competition and bring you success can take time and effort.
That’s one of the reasons so many sellers turn to Amazon research tools to help them find profitable products.
Today, we’ll go over 18 popular tools you can use to find profitable products, improve your ads and listings, and increase your sales.
You need to look for several factors when sourcing products to sell on Amazon.
- Price: The price of the products, when you source and sell them, will determine how much of a profit you can make.
- Source: There should be a variety of suppliers you can choose from and with competitive pricing.
- Popularity: The product should be popular and in demand.
- Evergreen: The product should have real potential. If a product’s popularity is only seasonal, consider investing in another one.
- Easy to Import: If you are sourcing products from overseas, such as from China, you will want to check that the product doesn’t have high shipping rates. Lightweight products are often best.
- Competition: Check the competition of the product. Are there too many sellers?
- Stand Out: A product doesn’t have to be totally new, but you can’t do precisely the same as everyone else. It should have some sort of unique slant or feature.
- Reviews: Analyze a product’s reviews to see whether it is popular and what aspects of the product customers love or hate.
The tools mentioned below can help you out with this.
You can find data on products, such as sales estimates, sales history, trends, pricing, popularity, opportunity scores, weight, dimensions, and competition. You can then use this data to decide which products to sell.
You can also spy on your competition and discover different places to source your products.
Many tools also have calculators to help you estimate your profit based on prices and fees.
Besides choosing the right products, there are other things you should do to increase your Amazon sales. Here are some valuable tips:
- Do Keyword Research: Optimize your Amazon listings for SEO by discovering keywords with a high search volume and incorporating them into your listings. You should also do keyword research for your PPC campaigns.
- Track Your Performance: Always track your performance to see your sales history and whether sales are going up or down.
- Don’t Put All of Your Eggs In One Basket: Don’t rely on a single product to bring you success.
- Optimize Your Listings: As mentioned, use the right keywords and ensure they are being indexed. In addition, use professional images.
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer support and encourage customers to leave reviews.
Again, the tools mentioned below can help with this. Most of them have keyword research tools to help you discover which keywords would be profitable for your listings and your PPC campaigns.
Some will analyze your listings to check for areas where improvements can be made, and others will check to see whether your listings are being indexed for the keywords you are targeting.
Many will allow you to track your performance and sales history. Others will send you alerts when a negative review is left for one of your products so that you can respond appropriately.
Now that we have seen how an Amazon research tool can help improve your chances of success let’s review 18 popular Amazon research tools.
1. Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is one of the most popular Amazon research tools out there. It’s designed to help you find products that are most likely to bring you a profit.
Jungle Scout has several helpful features. Some of which includes:
- Product Database
- Product Tracker
- Niche Hunter
- Keyword Scout
- Chrome Extension
Product Database: This is a comprehensive database of products you can sell on Amazon. It’s easy to search for products that fit your specific needs by using the filtering options.
Product Tracker: This feature lets you track specific products so that you are constantly updated when new data comes out.
Niche Hunter: This is similar to the Product Database tool, but it focuses on helping you discover profitable niches instead of standalone products.
Keyword Scout: This is a keyword tool that lets you discover profitable keywords to use for Amazon SEO. You can get search volume, competition, PPC estimates, and other data.
The Jungle Scout Chrome extension helps you discover essential data about any product you are looking at straight from Amazon.com, such as sales, revenue, rating, profit calculator, weight and dimensions, FBA fee calculator, and much more.
Pricing: Jungle Scout has three pricing plans, which includes:
Basic – $49 per month when billed monthly, or $29 per month when billed annually
Suite – $69 per month when billed monthly, or $49 per month when billed annually
Professional – $129 per month when billed monthly, or $84 per month when billed annually
Jungle Scout is a solid product at a reasonable price and is indeed one of the most popular research tools among Amazon sellers.
Get the most trusted tools for finding, launching, and selling Amazon products. From product research to product launch, Jungle Scout simplifies it all.
Save More Today with up to 40% OFF!
2. AMZ Scout
AMZ Scout is another research tool that is popular among Amazon sellers. Like Jungle Scout, it has a web app and a Chrome extension.
Here are some of the data that you will get with AMZ Scout:
- Sales estimates
- Revenue estimates
- FBA fees
- Sales and seller rankings
- Number of reviews
In total, there are several indicators to help you determine whether a product will be profitable or not.
There is also a profit calculator to help you calculate your potential revenue and profits.
You’ll also get access to keyword data and keyword trend history. You can also easily find products to source from Alibaba.
Another helpful tool is the ability to track specific products so that you can stay updated on what your competition is up to.
Pricing: There are three plans:
- $1,599.99 one-time fee for lifetime access
There is a free trial available. In addition, some tools are available for free, such as the Amazon vs. eBay price comparison tool, the FBA fee calculator tool, and the sales estimator tool.
AMZ Scout is a solid alternative to Jungle Scout and is much more affordable if you stick to the yearly or lifetime plans.
From product research to keyword tracking, sales estimation, FBA fees calculation, managing stock & more, AMZScout bundle toolkit is an all round solution to selling on Amazon. Try it today!
Sonar is a simple Amazon keyword research tool that is free to use. You can search for keywords by typing in the keyword itself or an ASIN.
There are many things you can do with Sonar:
- Discover if a keyword is popular or not
- Discover frequently used keywords
- Find keyword suggestions
- Type in a competitor’s product ASIN and see which keywords they are ranking for
- Translate keywords to find keyword ideas in different languages
- Check which keywords your products are being indexed for
- And more
Sonar is offered by Sellics, which has some premium plans for Amazon sellers.
As Sonar is free to use, there is absolutely no downside. If you already know which products you are going to sell and you only need to do keyword research, Sonar is a great choice.
SellerApp is used by thousands of Amazon sellers to do eCommerce research. Here are some of the features that it offers:
- Product Research: Discover profitable products from a database of over 100 million products
- Product Ideas: Discover the top-selling and most popular products in different niches
- Listing Quality: Analyze your listings to see how you can improve them
- Product Keyword: Discover which keywords your competitors are using to rank their products
- Seller Watch: Continually track your competitors and their products so that you can stay one step ahead of them
- Product Alerts: Set up activity alerts for your products
- Product Source: Discover great product sources on Alibaba
- Keyword Research: Discover keyword ideas along with their search data
- PPC Analyzer: Analyze your PPC campaigns to see how you can improve them
- Profit Dashboard: Track your sales, revenue, and profits
Seller Apps also has many free tools, such as an Amazon FBA fee calculator and a trademark research tool.
Pricing: There are three main plans for Amazon sellers, which includes:
Freemium – $0
Pro Lite – $49 per month for monthly subscription, or $39 per month for annual subscription
Professional – $99 per month for monthly subscription, or $50 for annual subscription
Your plan will depend on your needs, how many listings you have, how many products you sell, and how much you spend on advertising.
There are also custom plans available for eCommerce agencies. A free trial for all plans is available.
Seller Apps goes beyond what Jungle Scout and AMZ Scout offer and provides additional tools to help you optimize your Amazon store.
MerchantWords, as its name suggests, is a keyword research tool for Amazon sellers.
It’s a pretty simple keyword tool and only offers basic data, but it does the trick.
There is also a listing advisor service at a premium price to help you optimize your listings.
Pricing: It has pricing plans starting from $35 per month, which gives you access to US keyword data and data from 10 other countries.
While MerchantWords isn’t necessarily an imperfect tool, other tools provide far more features and information than they do at the same price or even cheaper.
6. AMZ Tracker
AMZ Tracker is a suite of tools for Amazon sellers. They have an interesting setup with three main aspects:
- Offensive Strategy: This includes keyword research, competitor tracking, listing analysis, shortened URLs, and promotions on the VIPON deal site.
- Defensive Strategy: This includes setting up alerts for things such as negative reviews or when someone copies your listings.
- Reconnaissance: Additional keyword research capabilities such as long-tail keyword research, as well as a Chrome extension to help you discover product data straight from Amazon.com
Pricing: AMZ Tracker starts at $41.70/month and goes up to $1600/month, depending on the size of your store and how much you need to use each feature. The Unicorn Smasher Chrome extension, however, is free to use.
AMZ Tracker VIPON deals site is undoubtedly exciting and unique. Its Unicorn Smasher chrome extension is a good alternative for those who want to get product data while browsing Amazon.
Keyword Inspector now known as Seller Mobile is an Amazon keyword research tool with several useful features. Here are some of them:
- Keyword Trends: Discover top trending and popular keywords and search data.
- Reverse ASIN Search: Enter an ASIN to get keyword data.
- Suggestions Tool: Discover suggested profitable keywords to target on Amazon.
- Indexation Tester: See whether your products are indexed for the keywords you target in your listings.
- Search Terms Editor: Help remove repeated keywords from your listings.
- Product Research Tool: While not as advanced as other product research tools in this list, it still provides you with some basic data.
Pricing: Some tools are free, and others are not. Each tool has a separate pricing scheme, so go to this page for more details.
You can also “mine” credits to use the tool for free, but it will take a while.
The Keyword Inspector site looks outdated, and the need to get credits or subscription plans for each feature can be confusing. However, it also has the upside of saving money if you only need one or two of the features, as you won’t have to pay for an entire package.
8. Seller Labs
Seller Labs has four main parts:
- Feedback Genius
Ignite is an Amazon advertising interface. Besides helping you manage your ads, you get access to keyword research and other data to help you improve your ads’ conversion rates.
Feedback Genius lets you automate emails to your customers to ask for feedback, encourage reviews, or promote products. You can also get alerts when people leave reviews for your products.
Scope is the research section of Seller Labs. You can discover keywords and their search data, do an ASIN lookup to discover data on your competitors’ products, and get product data for Amazon products to find profitable ones.
Quantify is a reporting and inventory management software to help you stay organized and track your profits.
Pricing: Seller Labs Pro pricing starts at $39/month and goes up to $299/month.
Seller Labs is more than just a research tool and will help you keep your campaigns organized and track your performance on the Amazon marketplace.
Manage advertising, track sales, analyze traffic, review management & more. Seller Labs is an all-in-one tool helping Amazon sellers to scale in quick time!
9. Helium 10
Helium 10 contains over a dozen different tools for Amazon sellers:
- Black Box: This tool lets you use precise filtering options to discover profitable products to sell on Amazon.
- X-Ray: This tool can be used while browsing categories or products on Amazon.com to discover the potential of any industry or product.
- Magnet: Enter a seed keyword to get instant keyword suggestions.
- Cerebro: Enter a product ASIN to discover suggested keywords along with data such as search volumes, competing products, list of competitors, and more.
- Frankenstein: Instantly generate profitable keyword lists by removing duplicate or similar keywords from search results.
- Scribbles: Instantly add keywords to your listings to make them more visible in the search results.
- Keyword Tracker: Stay on top of keyword trends.
- Index Checker: Check which keywords your listings are actually being ranked for.
- Hijacker Alert: Get notified when someone tries to copy your listing or sell one of your products without authorization.
- Inventory Protector: Set limits on orders so that nobody cleans out your inventory. For example, offering a coupon code will ensure that nobody uses the same code to buy out your stock.
- Refund Genie: Locate lost or damaged inventory and generate detailed refund reports.
- Trendster: See whether a product will be profitable in the long run and whether or not it is an evergreen product that is popular all year round.
- Misspellinator: Discover misspellings that people commonly type into Amazon so you can include them in your listings for Amazon SEO purposes.
Pricing: The significant part about Helium 10 is that there is a free plan. However, features will be limited, with tools being limited in how many times a day you can use them, how many times per day you can conduct searches, or how much data you will get.
However, Helium 10 pricing starts at $29 per month up to $249 per month, which gives you unlimited access to most tools. The complete pricing scheme can be found on the homepage linked above.
Helium 10 is one of the best value-for-money Amazon research tools out there. Their flexible membership options are great for small businesses that don’t have large budgets.
10. Niche Scraper
Niche Scraper supports sellers on Amazon, eBay, Shopify, and Woocommerce.
They have several tools:
- Product Scraper: This saves you the time it would take to manually search through products on Aliexpress and instead automatically analyzes thousands of products to find you the best-performing ones.
- Store Analysis: Spy on your competitors to discover their best-selling products and store data, such as traffic and sales estimates.
- Hand Picked: A handpicked list of profitable products along with ad examples. Updated daily.
- Video maker: Copy and paste your product link into the tool to automatically generate videos for your online ads.
Pricing: Although Niche Scraper is more limited than some of the aforementioned tools, it is free to use. The Pro plan removes limitations and is only $49.95/month.
This makes Niche Scraper an excellent choice for a simple and affordable product research tool. It’s also great for those who are selling on eBay as well as on Amazon.
11. Ama Suite 5
Ama Suite 5, as its name suggests, has five main tools to help you do in-depth Amazon research.
- Top Product Analyzer: Get 100 top-performing products for any category. Thousands of categories and subcategories are supported. You can use filters to choose which products should be included or choose from one of their preset parameters, such as Movers and Shakers.
- Search Analyzer: Search for detailed product data across all categories.
- Keyword Analyzer: Get keyword suggestions and data for Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and Target.
- Review Analyzer: Enter an Amazon link or product ASIN to analyze a product’s reviews. You can also discover which aspects of a product are mentioned in reviews the most.
- Ali Inspector: You can use this tool to discover top-performing keywords on AliExpress, in-depth AliExpress keyword data, and best-selling AliExpress products for any category.
AmaSuite 5 also offers free courses to help you get started with eCommerce.
Pricing: All five tools usually cost $197. However, Amasuite 5 often runs promotions where you can buy the suite of tools for just $67.
AmaSuite is definitely one of the top Amazon research tools out there. It’s affordable, gives you great information, offers some features not available elsewhere, and is excellent for those looking to use AliExpress as a dropshipping source.
Egrow.io comes with both a web application and a Chrome extension. There are six main features:
- Product Database: Search the database to discover profitable products and valuable product data.
- Live Amazon Scanner: Conduct keyword searches to discover related products.
- Saved Searches: Compare different searches and product groups.
- Product Tracker: If a product isn’t already in the database, you can add it manually to get updated product data whenever you want.
- Keyword and Niche Research Tool: Discover important keyword data to help you rank your products and profitable niches.
- Reverse ASIN Search: Enter a product ASIN to discover which keywords your competitors’ products are ranking for.
Pricing: eGrow is free, but you can only track a few products and keywords with the free plan. There are paid plans at $53 per month when billed every month and $35 per month when billed annually.
Egrow is limited compared to other tools mentioned in this article, but it’s still relatively cheap.
The Scientific Seller web app is a simple but effective Amazon keyword research tool. It supports many countries and a few languages, including Chinese, Spanish, Russian, and Hebrew.
Enter a seed keyword to get Amazon buyer keyword suggestions and search volume.
Pricing: Scientific Seller is totally free to use. There is no signup required.
It would be a good idea to bookmark the app so that you can use it at any time.
14. AMZ One
Amz One is an affordable Amazon keyword research tool. Here are its features:
- Keyword Rank Tracking: Track your rankings on Amazon for any given keyword.
- Product Finder: Discover the top 30,000 products in each category. That may seem like a lot, but it helps you go beyond the top 100 or so products that other tools offer.
- Online Arbitrage: Discover prices from different sites so that you can source them at the best prices.
- Sales Tracking: Track sales data for any product.
- On-Page Analyzer: Analyze your listings to help them rank better.
- Negative review notifications: Get an alert when a negative review is left for one of your products so that you can respond.
- URL Shortener Tool: Get product links that will make it appear to Amazon as if someone searched for a specific keyword on Amazon.com and then clicked on your product. This can help boost your rankings.
- Keyword Research: Discover which keywords are profitable on Amazon.
The URL Shortener Tool is an incredible hack to help boost your rankings. Promote the special URLs the tool gives you instead of your regular product links.
The Online Arbitrage tool is also helpful for sourcing the same product at lower prices.
Pricing: Plans go from $15/month to $180/month, depending on your needs. There is an extremely limited free version.
Sellics, as you may recall, is also the maker of the free Sonar tool we mentioned above. Their premium product is a lot more advanced and has three options:
- Seller edition
- Vendor edition
- Agency edition
Let’s go through them one by one.
Seller Edition: This is designed for Amazon sellers. Here is what it offers:
- Profit Dashboard: Track your profits over time and automate your calculations. FBA fees are automatically applied.
- PPC Manager: Track and manage your PPC advertising campaigns.
- Amazon Ranking Optimizer: Do comprehensive keyword research and track your listings’ rankings.
- Competitor Monitoring: Monitor your competitors’ sales and rankings.
- Product Research: Filter through a database of the top 10,000 products on Amazon to find high-performing products with great potential.
- Review Management: Get alerts and manage your reviews.
- Inventory Management: Track your sales and inventory to know when to stock up again.
- Vendor Edition: This is designed for product vendors selling their own products on Amazon or third parties selling their products on Amazon.
- Customer Feedback: Get alerts for customer feedback and reviews and answer inquiries quickly.
- Content and SEO: Find top-performing keywords and optimize your listings.
- Amazon Marketing Services: Optimize your AMS campaigns by using their automated bidding algorithms.
- Buy Box Monitoring: See which sellers are selling your products and whether any third parties are taking away direct sales from you.
Agency Edition: If you want to use either the seller or vendor edition but don’t want to waste your time figuring out how to use the software, the Agency Edition will help you find a recommended agency to manage your Amazon campaigns for you.
Pricing: There are separate plans for sellers and vendors. The great part about Sellics is that you can customize your plan price by choosing which features you want to include.
16. AMZ Discover
AMZ Discover is a tool most people don’t know about. What it does may surprise you.
You put in the URLs of certain products, and then the tool will give you the name of all the reviewers on that product.
Not only that, but it will provide you with their contact information and email addresses.
You can then export that information to create an email list of contacts.
Theoretically, you can find people who have already bought products similar to yours in this manner and who are potential customers.
While AMZ Discover is interesting, this method of obtaining leads is not recommended. Using it to collect the email addresses of your own customers might be different.
Pricing: Plans start at $9/month for 90 reviews and go up to $99/month for 1250 reviews.
Ahrefs is popular as a tool that helps websites rank on search engines. But it can also help you rank on Amazon as a seller, thanks to the Amazon keyword tool.
The Amazon keyword tool is part of the Ahrefs Free SEO Tools collection, which also features a Google, Bing, and YouTube keyword tool.
You’ll find the tool easy to use also. All you have to do is to enter a sample keyword and select your preferred Amazon market.
The Ahrefs Amazon Keyword Tool supports more than the traditional Amazon marketplace countries. So, it helps if you want to target customers in countries without a native Amazon store.
When you search, the tool gives you a list of keywords and their volume.
In addition to being a free tool, you can view the first hundred keywords without an account. However, you must create an account and log in to view all keywords.
This is a free Amazon keyword search tool that is created by Keyword Dominator for optimizing your Amazon product listings.
The AMZ Keyword Analyzer doesn’t only deliver keywords and their volume like many other Amazon keyword tools. It also provides top 10 results based on the specified Amazon country.
There are so many tools out there besides the ones we mentioned, and it can be confusing when trying to find the right one for you.
Most tools offer similar services, though some have interfaces that are easier to use and figure out. In addition, some have unique features and better pricing options.
Don’t be afraid to try out a few tools until you find one that fits your needs and budget.
Tom loves to write on technology, e-commerce & internet marketing. I started my first e-commerce company in college, designing and selling t-shirts for my campus bar crawl using print-on-demand. Having successfully established multiple 6 & 7-figure e-commerce businesses (in women’s fashion and hiking gear), I think I can share a tip or 2 to help you succeed.