If you want to build a successful online business, Amazon is a popular choice to get started. But becoming a successful online retailer is not without its hurdles. You need guides, mentors, and courses to help you navigate the terrain successfully.
The Selling Family’s Amazon Boot Camp course is a comprehensive guide for Amazon FBA sellers. It will guide you through the process of selling and making profits on the Amazon FBA market.
Our article will provide an in-depth review of the course. Furthermore, we will summarize the topics under each module.
Finding the right product to buy, sell, and make profits requires a specific skill set. The good news is that entrepreneurs can learn this skill. And that’s what the Amazon Boot Camp course offers.
The Amazon Boot Camp course is a complete selling guide for Amazon entrepreneurs. The course is designed to guide merchants through the process of building a successful Amazon arbitrage business.
Retail arbitrage is about finding products in your local retail store and selling it for a profit on Amazon. You can make a lot of money from selling everyday items like duct tape, deodorant, clothing, books, and so much more.
Retailers can source items from local retail sites like Target, Walmart, or Big Lots and sell them on Amazon – and they can pocket the profits. You can find products online, even in the comfort of your home.
Yes, it is that simple. But you need to master the art of retail arbitrage, and that’s what you’d enjoy in this course.
This course is created by ‘The Selling Family.’ Cliff and Jessica, are the couple behind the Selling Family and have made massive profits via the Amazon FBA business since 2012.
They have over ten courses and services to help you make a comfortable living as an Amazon FBA seller. Over the years, they have worked with over 20,000 students across all their courses.
The Amazon Boot Camp course, which is currently in its 4th version, has 9 course modules and 77 lessons. Furthermore, this course requires about 10 hours of learning and allows you to learn at your own pace.
The course is delivered by Jessica Larrew, using high-quality training videos. Every lesson has an overview, closed captions, and transcripts.
You can watch the videos over and over again to get a good grasp of the techniques and methods.
After watching just three hours of the training video, you can start handling the fundamental part of your business. As you progress with more hours, of course, you will understand the more complex aspects such as inventory, pricing, and listing.
Over 10,000 people have passed through the Amazon Boot Camp course to kickstart their own Amazon FBA business. Many students list products and make sales in the first few weeks of training.
Interesting Read: How Much Money Do I Need To Start Selling On Amazon
This course is for you if you are new to the online retail business. You will learn how to start and grow an Amazon FBA business.
Also, if you want to make a full-time income and profit as a seller on the FBA program, this course is right for you.
Summarily, this course is for
- New and existing Amazon FBA sellers
- Online retailers, merchants, and entrepreneurs
- Retailers who desire to reach up to 12-figures in sales and six to seven figures in profit per month
- People who want to make a living from the comfort of their homes
- People who want to quit their regular job and also be financially free
This course provides a step by step guide on selling and making profits on the Amazon FBA program. You will learn
- The basics of Amazon business
- How to set up your Amazon FBA business and accounts
- How to set up and use your scanning apps
- Building a list of the supplies and inventory you will need
- How to evaluate if a product is profitable and worth selling or not
- Sourcing products online and locally
- The listing, shipping, and selling your products on Amazon and more
Let us dive into each module and discuss the courses in detail.
Starting a business comes with a lot of uncertainty. However, understanding the basics of selling on Amazon will help you avoid these uncertainties.
This module covers different topics and lays a solid foundation to build and grow your Amazon business.
First, this module discusses the gains of selling on Amazon and how to get inventory to sell. It further equips you with the knowledge of the Amazon lingo. You will find the definitions and explanations of Amazon lingo, terms, and acronyms.
You will learn about the four main business models for selling on Amazon which include
- Retail and online arbitrage
- Private label
Furthermore, this course explains the two ways you can sell on Amazon. They include:
- Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) and
- Merchant Fulfillment
This course will show you how to manage and structure your business rather than treat it as a hobby. If you are in doubt of what type of business entity you need, you will learn how to set up a legal framework for your business.
Monitoring business funds is a critical part of your Amazon business. This module outlines the best way to separate and track your business funds.
Lastly, students will learn how to calculate and track their Amazon business mileage.
This module builds on the material from the previous module. You will learn about the different types of Amazon seller accounts.
Whether you are using a professional or individual account, this instructor will walk you through the entire process of setting up your Amazon Seller Account.
Furthermore, the instructor will help you
- Select the right type of account for your business
- Choose the right seller name
- Set up your seller app dashboard
This course will show you how the entire seller central dashboard works. You will learn how to navigate the dashboard and how to calculate your Amazon fees.
Also Read: Free Amazon Tools For FBA Sellers
Every Amazon seller needs tools to succeed. As part of the module 2, you will identify tools that will help your Amazon business run without hassles.
Here, the instructor discusses the uses and benefits of scanning apps. Of course, with the scanning apps, you can identify profitable and non-profitable products. This course focuses on Scoutify and the Amazon Seller App.
Furthermore, you’ll learn how to
- Install and set up your Amazon Seller App
- Install and set up the Scoutify App By Inventory Lab
- Use other alternative methods of scanning
With the scanning app, you can use your phone’s camera to scan the barcode of any product in a store. And you will find all the information you need to make smart buying decisions. You will discover
- The current Amazon product price
- Your estimated profit less Amazon fees
- Ranking of the product
- Your eligibility to sell the product on your account
Lastly, in this module, you will get a list of the necessary supplies you need so that you can get your products and shipments without delay.
Module 3 draws down on the topic of evaluating product profitability. You may be wondering if retail arbitrage works and if it is worth the time and investment.
This course clears all your doubts. You will learn about why retail arbitrage is a big deal and how it works.
You will discover how to source profitable products in retail stores like ASOS, Big Lots, Target, Walmart, Kohls, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.
The instructor will discuss strategies on how to source from different stores and product types. This course features a hands-on practical and video on how to source different items
In this module, you will find topics including
- How retail arbitrage works
- Why retail arbitrage works
- How to source clearance products
- How to source from discount stores
- Sourcing from thrift stores
- How to source from liquidation stores
- Sourcing retail items with regular pricing
- Live Sourcing Video
- Discount Store – Grocery Outlet
- Regular-priced items
- Analyzing Products Using the Amazon Seller App
On the other hand, the previous module discusses arbitrage for traditional retail stores. But if sourcing from conventional stores is not your thing, then this is for you. Module 4 serves us with the meat of sourcing for profitable products online.
Online arbitrage allows you to source products and inventory online. And then, you can ship to Amazon FBA warehouses to sell for a profit.
More so, you will learn about valuable tools to analyze and decide on products to source online. This tool will help you analyze numbers such as
- Product purchase price (including sales tax and shipping costs)
- Amazon fees
- Product selling price on Amazon
- Inbound shipping costs
Some of the additional learnings from this module include
- Online arbitrage, how and why it works?
- Getting started with online arbitrage
- Making money on online arbitrage
- Sourcing for inventory from online retail stores like Etsy
- Choosing the best online retail store
- Tools to help you save time and make more profits
Useful Post : Best Amazon Tools For Product Research & Marketing
Amazon has different product categories. While some are open to sellers, some are gated and restricted to sellers.
Amazon also provides information to determine if sellers are allowed to sell a product. This module sheds more light on the best product categories for new sellers. Also, you will find out
- How well a product, brand, and category is performing
- The best strategy to get your product in front of customers
You will learn about gated categories and brands and how to identify if you are restricted. If you want to sell restricted categories and brands, you will learn how to get approval.
This module also has topics that focus on
- Amazon bestseller rankings
- Items that don’t have rank
- The Buy Box
- Suppressed Buy Box
- How to use the Buy Box when sourcing
Also Read: The Amazon Buy Box For Dummies
Finding the right product to sell is not enough as an Amazon FBA seller. It is crucial to identify if the product will rake in the revenue and profits.
This module digs down on the process of evaluating if the product is worth selling, reselling, or not. The focus of this evaluation will be on profitability and product history. The product history will provide further insight if the product brings in more sales.
The instructor will provide tips for evaluating products. You will learn how to set your profit goals, calculate your total cost, and your ROI.
For Amazon FBA sellers, the Keepa tool can help make better purchasing decisions. The Keepa chart can help you research price, rank history, and Amazon selling activity. In this course, you will learn how to harness the Keepa tool to achieve results.
This module covers other topics including
- How to determine the number of products to purchase
- Product expiration dates
- The products’ packaging
- No Item Found
- Evaluating a product without sellers
- Handling hazardous and meltable Items
- Is Amazon a Seller?
Module 7 dives straight into the process of creating product listings. Also, it highlights pricing strategies.
It is no secret that creating compelling product listings is vital. There are multiple ways to list products. The instructor gives a step-by-step guide on various ways to list your products.
Furthermore, you will learn how to add a new product, write product titles and descriptions, and product photos.
Product pricing is important, but having the right pricing strategy is more important.
In this module, you will learn the different pricing strategies. Most importantly, you will discover how to set product prices to boost sales and profits strategically.
The key takeaways from this course include
- How to make pricing decisions when there are other FBA sellers
- How to set prices when there are no FBA sellers
- Pricing when you are competing against Amazon
- Setting pricing when there are no sellers
Now it’s time to get your products to an Amazon FBA and your potential customers. Module 8 outlines how you can make that possible.
You will discover how you can prep and package your products. This module covers the topics below:
- How to packaging products for FBA
- Labeling Amazon products
- Packing clothing or open items
- How to place your expiration date labels
- Packing multipacks and bundles
- How to pack fragile items
- Prepping liquid Items and loose Items
- Applying labels on the box
Plus, no matter the type of product, you will also learn how to package them safely. Also, this training will explain in detail how to send and track your items until they are live on the Amazon site. The topics under this module include:
- Prepping your products
- How to send your products to Amazon
- Creating your shipment
- Creating a shipping plan
- How to use a thermal (Dymo) printer
- Printing an item list for your shipment
- Packing your FBA shipments
- Finalizing your shipment
- What’s next after shipping your items
Related Post: Inventory Labs vs Jungle Scout
In this module, you will learn how to manage and keep track of all your Amazon operations. You can monitor sales of your items and manage customer engagement. Also, you’ll learn how to reach and communicate with seller support.
This module covers topics related to managing your product sales on Amazon, specifically
- Viewing sold items from your Amazon seller central
- Seeing your sold items from the Amazon seller app
- How to reprice your inventory
- Managing customer emails and correspondences
- Stranded inventory
- Removing inventory
- Contacting seller support
- Managing customer returns
Currently, The Selling Family’s Amazon Boot Camp Course has a one time payment that costs $345.
Students will enjoy
- Instant lifetime access
- Transcripts and closed captioning (CC)
- Discounted sourcing bookmark folder
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Note: Prospective students can pay via credit cards or PayPal.
As an industry leader in the Amazon FBA market, The Selling Family allows students to save up to 20 percent on their Amazon Boot Camp course by using its special coupon code.
Coupon Code: ONLINE
The Selling Family has a 30-day refund policy for their Amazon Boot Camp course.
If you find that the course is not for you, simply contact their support team and request a refund within 30 days of your purchase.
They will process your refund within 24 hours, and the money will be back in your account within 5 business days.
Unlike other Amazon FBA courses, this course does not offer one on one, phone, or chat support. But students will be added to the members-only community on Facebook. Here, they can access help and support and connect with other sellers.
The extensive FAQs on the sales page can also provide answers to questions.
Interesting Post: Seller App vs Jungle Scout
The learning platform is intuitive and straightforward to use. Therefore, I will give the ease of use a 5-star rating out of 5.
In addition to high-quality videos, transcripts, and closed captioning, the course includes a live sourcing video. The course content is structured to support and help students get started. Thus, I will give the feature a 4-star rating out of 5.
I will give the customer service a 3-star rating out of 5. The customer support options for this course are limited. As a DIY course, you have to rely on their contact page and the frequently asked questions. Also, their customer support responses on social media are not instant.
The course has generated several positive reviews. The course content is very rich and covers a wide range of topics. It treats the Amazon FBA business basics up to the point of winning sales. So I will give a rating of 5-star out of 5.
It truly offers students value for their money.
Here are some of the merits of this course
- Quality of tutorials and presentations are top-notch
- The course covers a wide range of topics
- Transcripts and closed captioning
- Subscription provides you with instant lifetime access
- The course has a 30-day money-back guarantee with no questions asked
- Available coupon code for discounted pricing
- You can access the scanning app for FBA business
- Extensive knowledge base for Amazon sellers and entrepreneurs
Some of the limitations of this course include:
- You cannot access support or ask questions during the training
- Help and support is only available on Facebook and via their contact page
- The price tag is expensive for some people
- No trial version or course preview
- Tracking specific training information can be difficult
Interesting Post: AmzScout vs Jungle Scout – Better Tools For Amazon Sellers
Yes, The Selling Family’s Amazon Boot Camp Course is worth it. The course is designed to help people learn how to sell on Amazon, and it has a lot of valuable information that can help people be successful on the platform.
The course is also updated regularly, so you can be sure that you are getting the most up-to-date information.
If you have read through this article, you will see that the Amazon Boot Camp course is one of the best FBA sellers manuals. The course is designed to help merchants build a successful Amazon arbitrage business and it offers so much value for new and existing Amazon FBA retailers.
With 77 topics from 9 modules, the course is delivered via high-quality videos. This course takes you through the Amazon FBA business basics until your products are ready for sale on Amazon.
Moreso, it explains the arbitrage business model and how to source profitable products to sell. Students can access a live sourcing video to learn how to source products from retail stores.
Do you want to avoid the pitfalls that come with starting a new business? Then this course is for you. If you are going to take your Amazon business to the next level, this course will provide the arsenal you need for that journey.
Tom loves to write on technology, e-commerce & internet marketing.
Tom has been a full-time internet marketer for two decades now, earning millions of dollars while living life on his own terms. Along the way, he’s also coached thousands of other people to success.